Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Thompson Fit Slub Linen Suit Jacket ($91.20 on its own w/ HEYSPRING) + Matching Pant = $142.40
- Thompson Fit Oxford Cloth Suit Jacket & Matching Pant = $118.40
- Thompson Fit Worsted Suit Jacket & Slim or Regular Pant – $174.40
- Fisherman Cotton Crew Sweater – $42.00
- Slim Fit Bedford Cotton Linen Pant – $39.50
- Slim Summerweight Shirt – $29.50
Well then. What was good earlier in the week, just got better. Much better. JCF is running a 50% off almost everything sale clear through this Easter Weekend, and the 20% off $100+ code HEYSPRING sure seems to stack at post time. Meaning: If you’ve got some spending to do for a warm weather wardrobe? Now’s not a bad time to whip out the credit or debit card. Gonna be tough to top an oxford cloth suit for $118, or, one of their Thompson fit wool suits for $175. That’s rare territory.
UPDATE: Looks like the Worsted Wool suits have all sold out? Kudos to those who jumped on getting one at this price. The Voyagers are still kicking around at that price though. All wool shells on those too, just a higher twist yarn to hopefully prevent creasing. Review can be found here.
- Dockers Washed Slim Fit Chinos, Multiple Colors – $29.59 ($58)
- Dockers 5-Pocket Pants, Multiple Colors- $29.59 ($58)
- Claiborne Jerome Dress Shoes – $43.99 ($90)
- Stafford Gunner Cap Toe Boots – $55.99 ($100)
- Stafford Linen-Cotton Sportcoat – $39.99 ($125)
JCP’s promo people are billing this as their biggest sale of the season, plus “the entire store is on sale”. When is JCPenney’s entire (or, close to it) selection NOT on sale? But, that said, prices do seem a bit better than normal. Such as their Stafford linen-cotton sportcoats going for… forty bucks? Seriously? Sure, they’ll need some work at the tailor, and they are lined in polyester. But… forty?
- Fitzgerald Fit Grey Stripe Seersucker Suit – $423.30 ($498)
- Allen Edmonds Single Monk Straps – $363.80 ($428)
- Suede Sneakers in Grey or Brown – $83.30 ($98)
- Filson Twill Original Briefcase in Navy or Tan – $225.25 ($265)
Hey. At least it’s something. Not a huge discount, but if you’re a Brooks Brothers fan, but sticking to a budget, then every little bit helps. That Fitzgerald seersucker suit, in a grey stripe no less, looks terrific. They also have a blue option, and if you prefer the classic blue seersucker? Might want to seriously consider the JCF version and save a few hundred bucks. If you can get into their slim fit pants (JCF doesn’t sell standard fit in that style) the jacket and pant combo over there will run you just $106.40. Will the BB look, fit, and drape better? You bet.
MEANWHILE: Flash Sale Site Rue La La is having a pretty big Brooks Brothers event. It’s kinda clearance-y feeling, so sizes are scattered. But it’s worth taking a spin through if you’re a Brooks Brothers Fan.
The Pick: Orient Adventurer Automatic – $347.75 ($535)
When I saw this sale, and that their fantastic Polaris GMT automatic was out of stock… what came spilling forth from my mouth cannot be repeated in such a wholesome, cultural, upstanding, family friendly environment such as this. Let’s just say it started with “Mother” and ended with “ucker“… ehhh? Wink Wink Nudge Nudge Say no More Say no More! So yeah. That stinks.
- Shawl Collar Extra Fine Merino Blazer – $83.30 ($229)
- Cashmere Mixed Stitch V-Neck – $104.30 ($429)
- Washed Leather Gloves in Hunter Green – $48.30 ($129.50)
- Wool Navy Windowpane Scarf – $48.30 ($98.50)
Your guess is as good as mine as to just what’s going on with that shawl collar jacket. Leather elbow patches and a leather collar back? It’s like a woodsy smoking jacket. Still intriguing though. Meanwhile, lots of their cashmere stuff is on sale. So it’s still spendy, but that camel, mixed-stitch v-neck has some serious potential.
Hot damn, that’s not a bad price for a do anything, pure-class automatic Swiss made watch. Full review here.