Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
NOTE: To be honest, it feels awfully tacky to have retail sales surrounding Memorial Day. Consider taking Monday off from deal hunting, when everyone else will be buying mattresses and picking through clearance racks at Target, and perhaps use some of your style budget on a donation to the USO. To those who serve, have served, as well as their families: Thanks for making the sacrifices that have allowed us in the run-of-the-mill civilian population to enjoy the trivial things. Travel safe guys, and enjoy the unofficial start of summer. Now, back to stuff that doesn’t matter:
- Partially Lined Linen/Cotton Sportcoat – $89.00
- Thompson Fit Voyager Suit Jacket & Slim or Reg. Pant – $218.00
- Thompson Fit Grey Slub Linen Suit Jacket & Pant – $158
- Slim Bedford Pant in Grey Chambray – $34.50
Yes indeed. No exclusions this time. Not even on Thompson suiting. No code necessary. Prices are as marked. Despite having horizontal stripes, that sportcoat is quickly becoming a personal favorite. The fabric is lightweight but not cheap or flimsy feeling, and the back is totally unlined. Meanwhile, full review of the excellent for the price Voyager suit separates can be found here, and wedding-ready outfit for the slub linen suit separates can be found over this-a-way.
- Tailored-Slim Linen/Cotton Shirt – $44.75 ($89.50)
- Luxe Touch Polo in Jaspe Stripe – $27.25 ($54.50)
- “Ben” Waxed Suede Lace-Up – $74 ($148)
- Modern Slim-Fit Partially Lined Linen Blazer – $110 ($230)
This one’s more than a little confusing. There’s a surprisingly large selection of items in a special 50% off section. But other than that, it’s 40% off with the usual exclusions outside of that section… UNLESS… you’re a card holder, and then it’s 40% off even BR Picks. Got all that? All those bulleted items above were taken from the 50% off section.
- Dipped Leather Nubuck Briefcase – $348.60 ($498)
- Bristol Full Grain Pebble Leather Charter Brief – $268.80 ($548)
That dipped brief is still pretty pricey, but maybe a splurge gift for a grad (and if that grad is you?). More affordable is the already on s ale Bristol Full Grain Pebble Brief. All black there. Professional without being a stuffy attache.
Just in time for the long weekend, Huckberry has restocked their Made in the USA Shop. And that includes these T-shirts for the history nerd. Extremely comfortable too. Sizing is fitted, but not tight.
- Timex T2N700 Intelligent Quartz Chronograph – $93.20 ($116.50)
- Orient Ray Automatic Diver – $108.97 ($136.22)
- Orient Explorer Black or Silver Dial Dual Time Automatic – $390 ($487)
That Timex might be a great summer companion. 100m water resistance, chronograph, and the black & tan color scheme is casual without being dull. Full review of that thing over here. Meanwhile, $109 for the Orient Ray? Dirt cheap. Even if you don’t like stainless steel bands, that’s inexpensive enough that you could take it off and slap a nylon NATO or leather band on there and still come out ahead of the normal sale price point. And finally, it’s not everyone’s cup of earl grey, but the dual time Explorer is a stunner of a splurge dress-watch.
Buy the above made in the USA waxed cotton dopp kit from Blue Claw Co through next Wednesday, and they’ll send one to a service-member on board the USS Donald Cook for free. Just $30. For two dopps. One for you, and one for someone serving on board the USS Donald Cook. Kudos to Blue Claw Co. for this fantastic idea. Great looking dopp too.
Also worth a mention
- J. Crew: As expected, they fired off a new code on Friday morning. WEEKEND = 30% off select reg. priced stuff on the site (most of the site, but plenty of exclusions) plus sale items.
- Allen Edmonds Factory 2nds Shoebank: 15% – 30% off current 2nds
- Nordstrom: Their Half Yearly Sale for Men (and women, and kids) is underway. Picks here.
- Club Monaco: Extra 30% off sale styles with MEMORIALDAY
- Indochino: Essential Suits are now $399, with select “premium” suits at $499
- Bonobos: New Items added to their Summer Sale. Merino Wool V-necks are going for $38.
- JC Penney: 25% off w/FOR25HRS through 5/21. Drops the Stafford Logan to $40.49.
- Lands’ End: 30% off Everything w/ THRILL and 4110. Lots of style tips on their Supima Polos, and how they should have been included in the polo palooza. 30% off puts them at $17.49 – $27.65 depending on color.
- GAP: 40% off reg. priced styles w/ SUMMER