Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
FRIDAY UPDATE: J. Crew Factory: 30% off w/ HEYSPRING
Thompson Fit Voyager Suit Jacket & Slim or Reg. Pant – $256.20 ($366)
Thompson Fit Seersucker Suit Jacket & Slim or Reg. Pant – $158.20 ($226)
Thompson Fit Oxford Cloth Suit Jacket & Reg. Pant – $179.20 ($256)
Big thanks to Stephen G. for sending in the style tip about how JCF took off the exclusion on suits overnight. On Thursday, the new Voyager suits (and many others) still had the “excluded from all promotions” tag stuck on em’ at checkout. That’s not the case anymore. Full review of the new voyager line over here. Free shipping no min. today as well.
- Quilted Jacket – $50 ($99)
- Waxed Cotton Weekend Bag – $40 ($59.95)
- Merino Wool V-Neck Sweater – $20 ($39.95)
- Shawl Collar Sweatshirt – $20 ($34.95)
The already cheap gets even cheaper. That quilted jacket should be a decent transitional piece between now and when those mounds of parking lot snow melt (so… June?). Meanwhile, the waxed cotton weekend bag is totally basic. And some guys are really gonna like that. Just one big compartment inside.
- The “Diplomat” Boot in Brown Chromexcel – $188.98 ($199)
- The “President” Roughout Boot – $238.98 (Huckberry exclusive)
The hell? They ain’t even trying to look like anything other than the Alden Indy. Hm. Goodyear welted, they use Horween leather, and made in Mexico. Many thanks to the guys over on Threads for digging up this mega thorough review via Rawr Denim.
Banana Republic: Friends & Family (check your email)
It’s Banana Republic Friends & Family time. There’s not one general use code, but instead a bunch of single use customer-specific codes. So, if you got one, good for you. Very few exclusions on this one: “Not valid on BR Picks, leather apparel, third party branded merchandise.” So blazers and suit jackets should be in, as long as they aren’t BR Picks.
Ten bucks off a $30 shirt is greatly appreciated. Especially when they fit and wear as well as UNIQLO’s shirts. Their broadcloth dress shirts might have been a bit of a dud, but the button down collar and slightly risky (but “in”) polka-dot pattern might be worth a real shot. And then there’s their OCBDs. If you’re stocking up, you can knock an extra fifteen bucks off a purchase of $125+ with the code SPRING15.
- Original Chippewa for J. Crew Plain Toe Boots – $180.60 ($268)
- Original Chippewa for J. Crew Plain Toe “Renegade” Boots – $180.60 ($268)
First, the pricey stuff: J. Crew just unveiled a good chunk of their new spring line. Seersucker & linen suits, lots of light colors and lighter weight blazer construction… that kind of thing. But it’ll take a bit of time for prices to come down with codes on that stuff. Meanwhile, in the sale section, there hasn’t been a ton of additions to their virtual discount racks, but both of those boots are made in the USA and goodyear welted. Might be a nice pickup if you destroyed a pair in the awful weather this year.
UPDATE: This one is weird, they launched a 25% off select items sale overnight, and have since moved the Chips out of the sale section, back to regular price, and are now only 25% off. At least they’ve got all their 25% off picks in one place this time.
Also worth a mention
- GAP: 40% off, no exclusions, with GAPFAM. Picks here.
- Brooks Brothers: 15% off your order w/ ENJOY15 (exp. 3/16), and they’re also taking 30% off their younger leaning Red Fleece collection.
- Club Monaco: 20% off $200, 25% off $300, 25% off 500+ w/ GETNOW
- JC Penney: Their semi-annual wardrobe sale is underway. Doesn’t seem like their prices are bottoming out across the board though?
- Macy’s: Extra 25% off w/ SALE. That drops the new Allen Edmonds single monks down to $288.75.
- Yoox: Extra 20% off new arrivals… but be prepared to get sucked down the rabbit hole that is browsing Yoox’s insane amount of inventory.
- Orient: Starting tomorrow, Friday 3/13, take 35% off + free shipping sitewide with code SPRBRK15.