Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
The MB line has expanded into the world of tanks, tees, and shorts this year. And all of it, polos included, are brighter than ever. Lots of logos (bummer) this time around too. Tees are $19.90, polos $24.90, and shorts are $29.90. Many thanks to everyone who sent in the style tips on the release of the 2015 collection.
- Tailored Fit Year’rounder Wool Dress Pants – $62.30 ($89)
- Tailored Fit Cotton Linen Twill Sportcoat – $138.60 ($198)
- Slim Fit Cotton Linen Twill Pants – $40.60 ($58)
- Tailored Fit Regatta Blazer – $138.60 ($198)
Year’rounder? I barely know her! ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Beloved by many, the Lands’ End Year-Rounder dress pant’s all merino wool fabric stands up to lots of office sitting. And standing up. And sitting. Meanwhile, might be some potential with the new 59% cotton / 41% linen jacket and pant? That’s a lot of “antique beige” for a suit, but perhaps as separates? Maybe it’d look just right as a suit all the same.
- Ludlow Irish Linen Unconstructed Sportcoat – $173.60 ($248)
- Ludlow Italian Cotton Unconstructed Sportcoat – $159.60 ($228)
- Wallace & Barnes Laptop Bag – $187.60 ($268)
- Kenton Suede Goodyear Welted Wingtips – $145.60 ($218)
Just got the new unconstructed linen blazer in (at left) and… it’s a little big. Most of their linen blazers seem to be more relaxed than their cotton or wool options, but it still checks a lot of warm-weather boxes. The back is totally unlined. The front is lined with the same flecked Irish linen the body is made out of. Sleeves are lined in, surprise, polyester. Not Bemberg, which is what J. Crew usually uses? Overall, it’s nice and light without being wimpy. Size shown is 40R on 5’10” 185lbs. Sleeves would have to be shortened/body taken in (quite a bit on the body).
AcetatePoly Lined Seersucker Suit Separates – $103.99 ($129.99)
- Stafford Logan Wingtip Bluchers – $49.99 ($59.99)
- JF J. Ferrar® Solid Dress Shirt – Slim Fit – $19.99
The derby is a month away. Pick up those three things ^, order a chambray bow tie, (bummer about the price hike at TheTieBar), and you’re set for under two bills. Why not throw in a pair of super-cheap, plenty good looking (and unassuming) sunglasses. Plus, that seersucker suit is allegedly lined in acetate, not polyester, so it should do a bit better in the heat of the summer. Full review of the Stafford Logan can be found here. UPDATE: many thanks Brad E. for sending in a tip about how the JC Penney Seersucker suit separates actually say they’re polyester lined on the tag. The hell JCP. C’mon now.
- Thompson Unconstructed Linen/Cotton Micro (horiz) Stripe Sportcoat – $89.00
- Washed Button Down in Open Blue/White Tattersall – $27.99
- Suede “Calvert” Desert Boots – $49.00
50% off the “valued at price” is about as low as JCF is gonna go, unless there’s some sort of stacking deal going on (like the Gilt City vouchers that were running last week). Suiting, of course, is excluded, but sportcoats are in, and you can knock an extra 20% off clearance items w/ HOPTOIT. Will those desert boots hold up as well as a pair of Clark’s? Probably not. But at $49, if you’re on a serious budget, they might make for a versatile piece of casual footwear for the upcoming months. Lots of colors to pick from too.
Yep. A one hundred dollar blue tooth speaker. Sound is decent. Looks are incredible. Modeled after a speaker from 1928. Cast iron base, steel grill, and linen speaker cover. Many thanks to Tim F. for the tip! UPDATE: Dammit. These were $99 but the price went up to $119 this AM. Apologies for the mix-up.
Also worth a mention
- ASOS: $15 off $100, $30 off $150, and $50 off $200 w/ SPRING50
- Suitsupply: They’ve got a new ELECTRIC Blue Napoli in their $399 collection.
- Bonobos: Their 30% off sale sweaters & outerwear code STILLCOLD expires today, 4/2.
- Brooks Brothers: Their 2 for $899 seasonal suiting event is still going on.
- EXPRESS: 40% off everything.
- Banana Republic: 40% off (usual exclusions like blazers & BRPICKS apply) w/ BRGOOD
- Club Monaco: Extra 30% off Sale & Clearance w/ EXTRASALE. That drops their washed leather gloves down to $36.75 ($129)
- Ralph Lauren: Extra 25% off select styles w/ GIVE15. Drops their Suede Longley Drivers in brown or olive suded to $75 ($250)