Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
JCP: $10 off $50, or $30 off $100 w/ SAVEMORE
- Stafford Logan Wingtip Blucher – $49.99 ($59.99)
- Claiborne Sharkskin Suit Separates – $109.99
- Claiborne Chesterfield Topcoat – $95.00 ($125)
Big hat tip to reader Adam for sending in the style tip here. Full review on the Logan can be found over this-a-way. Meanwhile, the Claiborne sharkskin suit separates cracked the top 10 affordable navy suits, and boy, they’re affordable. Meanwhile, that Chesterfield is gonna sit in the closet for a while. But… $95, Claiborne fit, and a contrast but not obnoxious back-collar? Also, the product page is home to quite possibly the most encouraging 2 star review ever. Forget Mudville… there was no joy in Lancaster, WI when that arrived. Ah well, nothin’ a butterburger at Culvers can’t solve. Waitaminute, you gotta hoof it all the way to Platteville to get a damn butterburger? AW TA HELL WITH IT HON. LETS HAVE TOTS AND SALISBURY STEAK TANIGHT.
Club Monaco: Extra 40% off Sale (including shoes) w/ WEEKEND
- Mark McNairy Cap-Toe Boot – $215.40 ($425)
- Rancourt Chukka Boot in Tan – $137.40 or Brown Suede – $167.40 ($345)
- Italian Wool Prince of Wales (how geographically diverse) Suit Blazer – $179.40 ($498)
Most of the clothing is pretty picked over in terms of sizes. But since Club Monaco has been excluding their shoes from previous extra % off sale events up until now, the shoes are looking extra tempting. Don’t expect them to last that long though.
UPDATE: Oh come on. Code’s not working as of early this AM. So what, shoes get the cut, unless they’re 3rd party? Which is all that there is in the men’s section? That’s annoying.
UPDATE II: Code’s now working on 3rd party shoes. Excellent.
J. Crew: Extra 40% off Sale Items w/ TREAT
The Picks: Bowery Slim in Striped Irish Linen – $52.80 ($98), Stripe Belt – $17.70 ($35)
Every few days to a week J. Crew dumps more items in their sale section around clearance time. Still lots of time to wear the pants, and that belt won’t look out of place unless it’s really cold out. Even then, it’s just a casual belt, so, why not?
Lands’ End: 25% off 1 Reg. Priced Item w/ ORDER25 & 2510
The Pick: Tailored Fit Patterned Wool Blazer – $148.50 ($195)
Hey now. That’s one incredible looking new arrival from Lands’ End. Tailored fit, but… can it really be THAT fitted off the rack? Got one on the way for an in person. Real promising. Liking the casual patch pockets too. Brand new. 95% wool/5% Nylon. Also available in herringbone.
Billy Reid: Extra 20% off Sale w/ FINAL
The Picks: Quail Jacket – $135.20* ($495), Grey Suede KSwiss Sneakers – $39.20* ($95)
*REMEMBER: Billy Reid Sale items can only be returned for store credit. And the word “FINAL” is the code. Will they take any returns at all with this stuff? Hard to tell.
BONUS: Massimo Dutti: Extra items added to sale?
The Picks: Linen/Cotton Blazer – $140.00 ($275), Silk/Wool/Cotton Blazer – $225 ($525), Cap Toe Pebble Oxfords – $110 ($345)
Whoa whoa whoa… wait a minute. Looks like Zara’s big brother, Massimo Dutti, dumped a couple (not many) extra goods in their semi annual sale. That blazer shown above is 64% linen, 36% cotton, and it’s lined in cotton, viscose, and acetate. Shipping is still free, and it sure looks like returns are still free. Remember, Massimo Dutti stuff, like Zara, tends to run very trim.
Also worth a mention
- Bonobos: The Extra 30% off Sale Items code BIG30 ends today, 7/31.
- Saddleback: They’ve got a thin, medium briefcase at 15% off (2nds quality) in the “Dave’s Deals” section.
- Nordstrom: Their anniversary sale ends on Sunday night.
- Brooks Brothers: 15% off w/ ENJOY15 through 7/31.
- Target: Extra 10% off Clearance… y’know, just incase you want a $20 Monkey Union Suit… with a tail.
- Banana Republic: So much for a “one day” sale event. The half off stuff from yesterday is still half off.
- Allen Edmonds: You may have to spend a lot, but the bonus is… you just might get a lot. Their Factory outlets & shoebank.com site are offering 2 (pairs, not shoes) for $299 on closeout models. Here’s how that whole deal works, since you can’t order from their website.