Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Don’t tell Target, but even at full price (the horror) their oxford cloth shorts might be the best deal in shorts out there. Nice and soft, very flexible (doesn’t fight like a stiff chino), and inexpensive. Now, for this Father’s Day promo? They’re just flat out dirt cheap.
- Ernest Alexander ‘Watson’ Brief – $177.49 ($355)
- Allen Edmonds McAllister Wingtip in Merlot – $273.75 ($365)
- Allen Edmonds ‘Carlyle’ in Walnut – $273.75 ($365)
- Allen Edmonds Park Ave. in Black – $273.75 ($365)
The half-yearly sale for men should be coming up in the not too distant future… and sometimes scouting the sale section pre big-event can yield some interesting finds. Will these drop further during the upcoming sale? No clue. Maybe. Maybe not. The bag is half off, made in the USA, and Earnest Alexander quality is terrific. It IS a bit on the small side (just 15.5″ wide), so if you lug around a lot every day, might want to look elsewhere. The McAllisters are made in their fantastic “Merlot” shade. Everything ships and returns free since it’s Nordstrom.
UPDATE: About those AEs… Check it out… 30% off select styles at Brooks Brothers (their “summer” collection) but that includes a few of their AE models. Hat tip to Daniel in the comments for pointing that out…
A well respected German brand with Miyota guts. Nothing unnecessary, synthetic sapphire crystal, and an exhibition caseback. Casual for sure, but casual with purpose. 42mm hits the sweet spot for plenty. It IS a little on the thicker (tall) side, so, know that. Type A is for those that like less clutter, type B for those that don’t mind a bit more mess on the dial. What, those things named after the personalities? A heads up about the event overall: not a lot of normal brands in this one.
The Mr. Porter sale is a moving target. Stuff sells out quick, then they restock with different items, and cut the price on others. It runs clear until July, so, be prepared to dip back in every so often if you’re on the hunt for something high end.
No personal experience with this brand, but they’re just in to the Last Call site, look a bit like the J. Crew Club Blazer (with less showy buttons) or the Abboud ultra light. These might have a shot to be a workhorse in someone’s wardrobe. Button stance looks a touch high, and there’s not much in the description about the lining or sleeve buttons… but the patch pockets work, and while there is a higher button stance, the tail doesn’t look chopped.
- Lexington Automatic Black Dial / Leather Band – $99.00 ($230)
- Symphony Automatic Rose Gold Tone / Leather Band – $105 ($244)
Interesting new sale strategy from Orient. Just two watches are up for this discount, but it’s a hefty one. With the ever present 30% off codes, the Lexinton would usually sit at $161, and the Symphony at $170.80. Both are automatics, and both have pretty classic designs. Liking the Symphony in Rose Gold in particular.
Also worth a mention
- H&M: 30% off $100+ w/ 2024, 25% off $75+ w/ 2013, 20% off $50+ w/ 2002
- Piperlime: Looks like they’re closing their men’s section. Markdowns are just so-so so far though, and it’s all final sale, so, no returns. Maybe they’ll mark down further in the days to come? Thanks to Jake D. for the tip.
- Macys: Their 25% off Friends & Family sale code FRIEND runs through Monday 6/9
- Lands’ End: 30% off Regular Priced items
- Amazon: They’ve dropped the price on the grey Linen Tretorns to $56. In person review over here. Many thanks to Glenn C. for that tip…
- J. Crew: Another select items sale… 25% off select items with the code SUMMERTIME. Selections isn’t huge, but it’s all in one place, and the bowery oxford cloth gets the cut.