Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Kenilworth (black, walnut, or brown) – $198.90
- Lubbock (Chestnut) – $179.00
- Strands (black, brown, walnut, bourbon, and walnut V-tred) – $219
- Fifth Ave. (black, walnut, brown) – $199
Selection is going to depend on size/width, but thanks to the new Shoebank.com website, you can search easily and quickly. More info in their mailer over here, and more info on how these sales work (especially if you don’t live near an Allen Edmonds Factory Outlet) over here. Links above to the Kenilworth and Lubbock go to in-person reviews of those two models. Big thanks to Terry F. for sending in the style tip. Prices go back to normal on 6/22.
MEANWHILE… there’s a few Allen Edmonds Models over at Jos. A. Bank on sale, and they drop to around $210 w/ the code GIFT, which should net you $15 off each $125 you spend. First quality merlot cap-toes anyone? Big thanks to Shawn B. in the comments for the tip!
- Lightweight Chambray Slim Fit Print Shirt – $14.90 ($29.90)
- Button Down Dry Polo in Stripe – $14.90 ($22.90)
- Button Down Dry Polo in Solid – $14.90 ($22.90)
UNIQLO has put just about all their spring/summer ready basics (so, no blazers) on sale for Father’s day. Pretty sure you’re all sick of hearing about the glory and wonder of the button down collar polo, so… we’ll let it just stand on it’s own. BUT… don’t sleep on the striped options. They look awfully good with a super lightweight blazer, or just on their own as a change of pace.
- Indigo Oxleys in Straight (above) or Slim – $78 ($98)
- Blue Oxleys in Straight or Slim – $78 ($98)
- Grey Oxleys in Straight or Slim – $78 ($98)
- White Oxleys in Straight or Slim – $78 ($98)
The grand champion of summer pants for plenty. Bonobos Oxleys are cut out of soft oxford cloth, feel lightweight without being wispy, and are dressed up enough to wear with a sleek polo or blazer. Now on sale in a ton of warm-weather appropriate colors, cut in slim or straight fits. And that code? Not quite sure when it expires, but LONGWALKS appears to take 20% off, even if you’re not a first time customer.
UPDATE: Looks like LONGWALKS expired this morning (was working at post time) Prices on the Oxleys are back to the normal sale price of $78. Many thanks to reader Michael for sending in the style tip on both the code and the new sale. Not sure when that code expires.
UPDATE II: Nordstrom has Oxleys on sale for $65.66. Free shipping and returns as always. Great tip from AMG in the comments.
Billy Reid is out of the price range for most of us, even if on sale. Still, a high quality splurge every now and again can be fun if you can swing it. Selection this time around is just so-so. Also, looks like the warmer weather version of the Bond Peacoat (in cotton/nylon) didn’t go over so hot? That’s a lot of money for a jacket that won’t play in winter. Nice to see the Indianola Chukka in not just a charcoal shade, but Buffalo leather. Yowza. Stitched sole and made in Italy on those.
UPDATE / WARNING: Billy Reid Sale Items are available for exchanges, or store credit returns only. More here.
- Twill Pants in Grey or Blue – $20 ($29.95)
- Nubuck Chukka Boots – $50 ($79.95)
- Rib Knit Shawl Sweater – $20 ($39.95)
- Jersey Blazer – $30 ($59.95)
It’s H&M, so… let’s keep those expectations realistic in terms of quality. Certainly feels more like a clearance since sizes are pretty scattered. But, got some higher (than they should be?) hopes for those boots, since they’re in nubuck. And cheap suede almost always trumps cheap leather. Suede and nubuck are close enough. A reminder about their blazers, since a few are on sale: they’re cut really small in the body, and short in the tail. They’re also almost always lined in polyester. So be careful there.
- Wolverine 1000 mile Suede Latham – $162.47 ($249.95)
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Emerson Boots – $194.97 ($299)
What is it, Chukka-fest in this week’s handful? Regardless, give that code a shot. Might just work (it did in testing). That “rust” suede is gonna look pretty rich next to dark denim in the fall. Made in the USA too.
Remember, these are 2nds quality, so there might be some dings on arrival. UPDATE: Actually, these two new arrivals appear to be “closeouts” and not 2nds quality. Hat tip to ThisFits in the comments for catching that.
The Reminder: Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly Sale Starts TOMORROW
Friday the 13th unlucky? Let’s hope not. Thrice a year Nordstrom launches a major sale… the enormous “Anniversary Sale” in July, which puts next season’s goods on sale before the weather cools of… and the dual end-of-season sales that are the Half-Yearly Sales for Men (w/ Women & Kids running a bit earlier on the calendar). Seems like we had a bit of a preview last week on some Allen Edmonds shoes, but those are now back up to reg. price. We’ll see what happens. It’ll be up tomorrow, with quiet, further reductions (but less stock) coming in a few weeks after the launch.
Also worth a mention
- Target: They’re still running their Father’s Day sale, featuring those outstanding oxford cloth club shorts for $8.74.
- Hugh & Crye: 20% off select goods w/ #DADFLOW
- J. Crew Factory: They’re running a $35 and under sale on select goods, with a few of their slim color-block tees going for ten bucks.
- J. Crew: The 40% off Sale Items ended on Monday, but is now sitting at 30% off sale items as well as 50% off Final Sale items w/ SHOPNOW through 6/17.
- Randolph Engineering: 30% off w/ DAD14