Early 2012 – Bonobos gets a little quiet…
Then: Codes were plentiful. Some kind of daily deal/groupon would show up from time to time. The sale section was good and stocked, and you could tell what sizes were available at a glance.
Now: Codes have dried up unless you’re a new customer. Deals have gone missing. The sale section certainly has some tempting finds, but finding out if they have your size ain’t as easy as it used to be. They’ve also started doing some print ads (see the ad from the latest Esquire above.)
Anybody else sensing that change is afoot at Bonobos?
A quick email exchange with the Bonobos folks yielded a few answers.
- There will always be a first-time deal for new customers. Look for those codes in ads. Right now, SPRING12 gets new customers 20% off their first order through 3/31/12. But it does say “Valid on items over $50.”
- Deals will still be happening. Official word is that we should “be on the lookout for limited offerings on deal sites over the next few months…“
- Bonobos is instating a “give $25, get $25” referral program. Meaning: If you refer a new customer, they’ll get $25 off their first purchase of $75 or more and you’ll get a $25 account credit.
- They’re still doing Friday “Happy Hour” discounts via the Bonobos Facebook page. Each Friday, Bonobos FB Fans vote from three items they want a deal on. At 4pm ET the item with the most votes goes on sale.
- Try Twitter: Bonobos also “direct messages new followers with promo codes on twitter as a thank you…“
Has Bonobos started to slip off your radar? Or are they as strong as ever? Your take goes in the comments below.