Brooks Brothers Leather Triple Briefcase – $231.97 (reg. $700)
Son of a gun. The key really won’t open the lock.
This must be the exact same case, and it must be getting passed around from customer to customer. The reviews when it was still available online were harsh. But when the price dipped to $230? It was worth a shot. Here’s the first reaction:
- Nice shape. Dressed up without looking elderly. Not bulky at all from a width standpoint
- Sturdy. The leather feels pretty good.
- Those buckles have a nice hidden quick release fastener system that allow you to quickly open the case
- This thing has been dinged up. Even if I hadn’t read the reviews, I would have noticed.
- There’s some junk on the lock. Kind of like there was a sticker there at some point.
- Speaking of the lock. Would love to see the inside of the case, but the key doesn’t work.
If I carried a case like this every day I’d seriously consider contacting Brooks Brothers and asking if they could fix the lock somehow. But since I don’t, I won’t. Back it goes. Not for $230 and certainly not for $700… but then again I’d never drop that much for any briefcase. $230 is pushing it, hard, for my spending habits as it is.
And I didn’t feel offended when the lock didn’t open. Not in the least. But I’ll certainly note the lock issue on the return slip. Unlike an angry online review, maybe (maybe?) that’ll help get it fixed.
Oh, and if this shows back up on BrooksBrothers.com with a fixed lock for under $200? I call dibs.