Details Magazine Picks: The worst trends of the last decade
2010 will expire in a few months and thus, prepare yourself for an onslaught lists related to the past decade. Details takes the first shot with a quick slide show of their picks for the worst trends of the last 10 years. But don’t you have to raise an eyebrow & ask: “at some point, didn’t Details suggest some if not most of these?”
You know what to do, click on over to Details for the slide show, then c’mon back for a top three worst of their picks, plus additions from us. Feel free to leave any other most-hated trends in the comments section below.
The Worst of their Worst
3. The indoor knit cap – A major sign that you’re trying too hard to look like you don’t care.
2. Skinny Jeans – At what point during the struggle to put them on, does the wearer not think: “Why?”
1. The Deep V Neck T-shirt – Leave it to the ladies fellas.
And some Dappered.com additions:
3. Carrot Fit Pants – Like skinny jeans, only worse. Looser towards the top and through the seat, then tapered to the ankle. It’s like they’re purposely trying to make us laugh. (See ASOS and their carrot fit)
2. Over-sized, droopy, acetate Aviators – Example: The Carrera Endurance. Was the inspiration for the silhouette shop goggles? They stick out in the same kind of awful way that a bad pair of breast implants do. They’re just so… there. Unavoidable in their presence.
1. Faux paint splattered “work” clothes – This goes a step beyond pre-ripped jeans or baseball caps. Not only are they trying to sell you the appearance of pre-worn, they’re trying to sell you the appearance of physical labor. Everyone from high end designers to The Gap jumped on board. And thankfully, they seem to have been rebuffed.
Your turn. Agreements? Disagreements? Want to add a terrible trend that got missed? Leave it all in the comments section below…