Giltman The Main Event: Tuesday September 28th – Noon ET
*Not sure what Giltman.com is? Click here for the full Story
**Full Disclosure as usual. Click here for how we benefit from you joining Gilt through Dappered.
***Don’t want to join through Dappered? You don’t have to. Click here to go directly to Gilt.
The verbiage on Giltman.com claims that their huge Main Event Sale comes around “occasionally.” There hasn’t been one since early May. So I’d argue that they’re more rare than that. Especially since Macy’s launches a One Day Sale (which are actually two days) once every four or five weeks.
A Main Event Sale on Giltman is 50 – 75 designers, with the usual Giltman discounts, all firing off at the same time. It can be a bit difficult to navigate, so here’s a few tricks which will give you an advantage when the clock strikes Noon ET.
1. Use the “Add to Cart” button. Judiciously – If you see something that you like, click “Add to Cart” to reserve it. If you just browse back to it later, it very well could be gone. Once you click that button, that item is reserved in your cart for 10 minutes. During those 10 minutes nobody else can buy it. That gives you valuable time to browse the sale and think about your potential purchase. There are zero penalties attached if you don’t end up buying it, and once the 10 minutes have expired the item goes right back up on the sale page. So don’t forget, watch the clock, and use it wisely.
2. Scan for Brands that you Love – The brand list is seemingly endless. So scan the left side of the page for the names that stick out to you the most, click the first one that peaks your interest, and get after it. Wasting time on risky and unknown brand names means your size will be gone by the time you get to the mainstream stuff.
2. Start at the bottom – What percentage of Giltman.com shoppers start at the top and work their way down? Grab that scroll bar, get to the bottom of the page, and work your way up.
4. Learn to Prioritize – This appears to be a clothing only sale. So that means hit the suits first. I’ve got two DKNY suits (one cotton, one wool) hanging in my closet that I bought off Gilt. They’re both terrific, and they were both priced around $200 if not under. Just a hint there. This sale is about suits if you’re in the market.
5. Refresh at :10 after – So that item you really want is already reserved in someone else’s cart? It’s not necessarily gone. Keep an eye on that product page and be ready at 10 minutes after the hour to refresh. Why? Remember… after ten minutes, all reserved cart items are automatically dumped back on the site. So if the person who has it reserved put it in their cart at the top of the hour hasn’t finalized their purchase after ten minutes? It’ll go right back on the site at ten after. Make sure the clock you’re watching is set to the official US time. That’s what Gilt goes off of. Seconds count, and you can synchronize at time.gov.
Some of the brands that will be available
Here’s the teaser list of about one third of the brands that should be available during the sale. Looks like they took A – H alphabetically. Brands that might be of particular interest and in bold:
3.1 Phillip Lim
Adidas Porsche Design Sport
Billionaire Boys Club
Calvin Klein White Label Suiting
Cardigan by Lynne Hiriak
C & C California
Company of We
Converse John Varvatos
Costume National Homme
Cristiani Shirts & Boxers
Elie Tahari Shirting
That’s it for now. They might have a full list up closer to the sale. See you at Noon ET on Giltman.