Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Billy Reid “Bond” Peacoat – $521.25 ($695)
- L.B.M. Glen Plaid Regular Fit Sport Coat – $407.81 ($725)
- Skagen Hagen Multi Function w/ Brown Leather Strap or
Black Leather Strap* – $116.25 ($155)
- The Men’s Store at Bloomingdale’s Made in Italy Leather Chukkas – $74.25 ($155)
Good grief there are a boatload of exclusions with this thing. Some brands are up for the discount, some are not, while some brands have some items up for the discount, while other items from the same designer are excluded. My grey matter hurts. Anyway, that L.B.M. jacket is almost certainly sized in European sizes, so, subtract 10 to get the US size (see the one review). Meanwhile, the Skagen Holst multi function is tough to find these days, especially with a brown band. So low 100’s? Not that bad. *UPDATE: Hang on a second, Amazon has the black band, back in stock, for $95 at post time. So, go there if you’re looking for the black band version.
UPDATE II: And JUST like that, you can get the Billy Reid Bond for even less, direct through Billy Reid. They’re running a 30% off outerwear deal today, but just through today (12/8.) Use code ITSCOLD30 for 30% off. That drops the Bond peacoat to $486.50
And this time it even applies to their on sale models. Which drops those down under even the 3rd party seller price points on some options. Big fan of that Polaris dual time. Black on black looks pretty slick. Just wish they’d bring back the silver dial option. Meanwhile, a full review of the “Duke” can be found here.
- Wool Blend Coach’s Jacket – $29.99 ($79.99)
- Italian Wool Textured Blazer – $69.99 ($129)
- Premium Quality Suede Desert Boots – $69.99 ($99)
- Quilted Jacket – $39.99 ($79.99)
- Wool Blend Twill Double Breasted Trench – $99 ($149)
How they quantify the “biggest” and “ever” part is beyond me. But $30 for that wool blend coach’s jacket? Not bad. And that Italian wool textured blazer is the same one that was featured in this year’s best fall blazer’s list. Remember, it’s H&M. So the clothing is gonna run on the small/skinny side for most.
- Jetsetter Blazer – $280 ($400)
- Oak Street Lakeshore Boot – $381.50 limited sizes ($545)
- Two Pairs of Moleskin 5-pockets – $207.20 / $103.60 per ($296 / $148 per)
- Unconstructed Italian Wool Blazer – $280 ($400) multiple colors
Steep thresholds, but that’s Bonobos. Not too unexpected here. But it is a good time to pick up one of their Italian wool, unconstructed blazers. They’re perfect for guys who run a little warm and prefer as little structure as possible (without getting into sweatshirt/sweater blazer territory). Was lucky enough to get a pair of those moleskin pants on ultra clearance at the end of last winter. And they’re something. But at just over a hundred bucks a pop, and you have to buy two of that “something” for that price? That’s… boy that’s a tough ask.
- Ludlow Suit Separates in Italian Wool Flannel – $390 ($650)
- Ludlow or Crosby Suit Separates in American Glen Plaid Wool – $390 ($650)
Exclusions apply of course. Most if not all of their shoes are out, and the legacy blazers are excluded this time around, but surprisingly enough… some of their wheelhouse seasonal suiting is now 40% off thanks to the code. And that grey/cobalt American glen plaid. Nice. Should be year-round weight that one?
Yes, it’s more expensive than the not-quite Harrington style that J. Crew Factory makes. But this is also made in the USA from US sourced suede. You’ll have to wait for it though. If the campaign goes through, it won’t ship until February. But it should arrive just in time to make for an outstanding, late winter into early spring transitional jacket.
Also worth a mention:
- Ledbury: 20% off $150, 25% off 250, 30% off $350
- Spier & Mackay: 2 Suits for $750 CAD (about $280-$285 per suit)
- Brooks Brothers: Extra 25% off sitewide w/ DECBC16 (picks here in case you’re interested)
- TheTieBar: Free US Domestic shipping for a limited time, no min.
- Club Monaco: Extra 30% off sale styles, no code needed.