Black Friday. A mess in person, but thanks to the explosion of e-commerce, you can hunker down at home while avoiding the crush of humanity at all the brick & mortar stores. Cyber Monday? Still also worth paying attention to, but many brands and retailers have outstanding discounts being offered online today. There’s been even more Black Friday “creep” this year, with some of these deals launching pre-Thanksgiving, but today is still the day when most seem to make their push. Here’s some of the best style-centric deals for men running today. Picks are scattered about when something was too good not to specifically mention.
- Nordstrom Calibrate Cusano Double Monks – $99.90 ($130) Review Here
- To Boot New York Single Monks – $207.91 ($375)
- To Boot New York Cap Toe Boots – $231.91 ($450)
- Barbour Bedale Waxed Jacket – $284.25 ($379)
- Nordstrom Wool Blend Peacoat – $106.65 ($199)
- Bensol Half Lined Wool Sportcoat – $141.57 ($295)
- Skagen World Time – $168.75 ($225) Review Here
- Skagen Automatic – $258.75 ($345)
- Allen Edmonds Neumok – $159.91 ($275)
- To Boot New York Double Monks – $207.91 ($395)
- Skagen Leather Card Case – $18.75 ($35)
- Miansini Watch – $107.96 ($225)
- Made in Canada Todd Snyder White Label Navy Stretch Wool Suit – $285.57 ($595)
Wow. Nordstrom actually doing something specific and quantifiable for Black Friday this year. Can’t recall that happening in years past. No code or anything needed. The extra % off is reflected in the prices on their site. An as always, since it’s Nordstrom, everything ships and returns for free. More info on the Made in Canada Todd Snyder suits can be found here. And word is that those Bensol Sportcoats are the real deal.
- Thompson Donegal Wool Blend Sportcoat + Gingham Pocket Square = $82.40 w/ WHOAGIFTS
- Thompson Wool Blend Topcoat w/ Thinsulate – $119.20 w/ WHOAGIFTS
- Moleskin Sportcoat + Tipped Wool Socks = $84.80 w/ WHOAGIFTS
- Thompson Fit Voyager Suit Jacket & Slim or Regular Pant – $218
- Thompson Fit Worsted Suit Jacket & Slim or Regular Pant – $218
- Dalton Suede Cafe Racer Jacket – $199.50 (review here)
- Ribbed Cotton Shawl Collar + Suede Belt + Slim Oxford = $84.40 w/ WHOAGIFTS
- Buffalo Check Lambswool Shawl Collar Cardigan + Sutton Flannel Lined Chino = $88.80 w/ WHOAGIFTS
Sadly, that extra 20% off $100+ can’t be applied to suiting or their super sweet suede jacket. But check out the prices on their wool suits anyway. $218? That’s as low as a Thompon in either Worsted Wool or their Voyager has gone for in quite a bit of time. Meanwhile, you may need to make some combinations to get over the $100 mark for other items. Such as adding socks to the moleskin sportcoat, or a pocket square to the donegal blazer. Adding those socks, or, anything else that’s super cheap, actually makes that moleskin blazer a better deal than if you would have bought it, alone, at $99. Same goes for anything that’s over $9 for the $91 donegal sportcoat. Get just barely north of a Benjamin, apply the extra 20% off, and you’re better off than you would have been.
- Cafe Moto Leather Jacket – $225 ($450)
- Slim Grey Herringbone Cotton Sportcoat – $115 ($230)
- Merino Wool Basketweave Shawl Collar Pullover – $54 ($108)
- Aiden Fit Wool Blend Navy Plaid Pant – $49.25 ($98.50)
- Merino Rib Knit Scarf (multiple colors) – $24.75 ($49.50)
- Grant Fit (slim) Custom Wash Gingham Shirt – $32.25 ($64.50)
- Alexander Chukka Boot – $74 ($148)
- Slim Traveler Jeans in Dark Rinse – $59 ($118) review here
At post time, it sure looks like there aren’t any exclusions. If it’s on the site, it’s half off, as long as you keep it under five items in your cart. Leather jackets, traveler jeans, shoes, sportcoats, the works. Very impressive.
- Allen Edmonds Liverpool Chelsea Boots – $289.25 ($445)
- Red Wing Beckman Boot in Dark Cherry or Light Brown – $245 ($350)
- Allen Edmonds Mora 2.0 Double Monks in Suede or Black Calf – $269.50 ($385)
- Ernest Alexander Waxed Brief – $248.50 ($355)
- Barbour Chelsea – $171.75 ($229)
At post time, this is working on 3rd party goods. Which is very, very kind of Club Monaco to do. Sizes/selection of said third party goods can run out the door pretty quick though, so, hop to it if something catches your eye. Under $300 for those new AE Chelsea “Liverpool” boots is gonna be very, very tough to beat. Full review of those can be found here.
And it works with bundle pricing too? Not bad. Head here for an in-person with their herringbone sportcoat, and head here for an in-person with their contemporary fit suits. Remember, prices listed on their site are in Canadian Dollars. So if you’re in the US, it’ll be quite a bit less. Just depends on the exchange rate.
- Legacy Blazer in American Wool in Ludlow or Crosby Fit – $210 ($350)
- Ludlow Fit Blazer in Camel English Wool – $208.80 ($348)
- Ludlow Blazer in Corduroy – $118.80 ($198)
- Kenton Goodyear Welted Cap Toe Boots – $148.80 ($248)
- Striped Wool Smartphone Gloves – $29.70 ($49.50)
- Cashmere Scarf – $58.80 ($98)
- Cashmere Cable Knit Beanie – $52.80 ($88)
- Moon Mills Tweed Sportcoat in Ludlow or Crosby Fit – $178.80 ($298)
- Ludlow Goodyear Welted Chukkas – $190.80 ($318)
- Ludlow Goodyear Welted Longwings – $178.80 ($298)
- Ludlow Wool/Cashmere Topcoat – $270 ($450)
- Ludlow Fit Shawl Collar Velvet Dinner Jacket – $178.80 ($298)
- Lambswool Shawl Collar Cardigan – $88.80 ($148)
- Kenton Goodyear Welted Pacer Boots – $148.80 ($248)
One of the best sales J. Crew has run in recent memory. Sure, there are exclusions, but far, far less than normal. And finally, after a long wait, their entire line of fall sportcoats is up for the discount. And while I haven’t seen their new American Wool “legacy” blazer in person, the reviews online (at least the ones that are decently written) are promising. 40% off also applies to the sale section, with 50% being the discount on final sale items.
- Merona Cotton Herringbone Blazer – $41.99 ($59.99)
- Target Wool Blend Peacoat or Topcoat – $55.99 ($79.99)
- Casio Diver –
$30.70($41.50) (shown on an aftermarket strap)
The already inexpensive gets substantially cheaper. 30% off is no small deal at Target, considering how thin their margins must be as it is. And don’t sleep on that topcoat as a budget option for those who want to dip their toe into the knee length coat waters. Oddly nice drape and decently insulated. Not some paper thin wispy thing. UPDATE: Dang. Looks like the Casio Diver isn’t part of the deal. Drat.
- Slim Corduroy Sportcoat – $99 ($198)
- Textured Mock Neck Cardigan – $59 ($118)
- Suede Chelsea Boots – $64 ($128)
- Suede Chukka Boots – $69 ($138)
Well that’s awfully kind. Half off and free shipping? Express doesn’t appeal to everyone, but they do make some more toned down/less flashy designs. And those suede chukkas are pretty nice, especially now that they’re under $70. Plus… can’t think of a place I’d rather not be in the world of retail than an EXPRESS store in a mall on Black Friday. Madness.
- Armogan Le Mans Chronograph – $152.98 ($220)
- Made in the USA Taylor Stitch Rover Waxed Jacket – $237.98 ($298)
- Sydney Hale Bourbon and Brown Sugar Candle – $26.98 ($30)
- Woolrich x Huckberry Allegheny Blanket – $93.98 ($135)
Yes indeed, their new, exclusive, Le Mans Chrono from Armogan is down to $153. Hot diggity. Deals are separated into apparel and gear, plus specific brands are also getting some decent cuts. Full review of that Le Mans Chrono can be found here.
- Premium Quality Suede Chukkas – $63.99 ($79.99)
- Wool Blend Coach Jacket – $31.99 ($79.99)
- Wool Blend Flannel Blazer – $39.99 ($49.99)
- Color Block Ribbed Sweater – $15.99 ($19.99)
- Premium Quality Suede Chelsea Boots – $79.20 ($99)
Remember, “premium quality” in relation to their shoes usually = made in Portugal. With decent suede too. So, might be worth taking a shot at those suede chukkas or chelseas.
- Nighttime Wallet – $46.50 ($62)
- Archslim Wallet- $70.50 ($94)
- Button Stud Timex Chrono – $96 ($128)
- Velius iPad Case – $73.50 – $81 ($98-108)
Fine. Leather. Goods. Treat yo self! Form Function Form balances, beautifully, the luxury of high quality leather with rugged construction and the value that comes with being made by hand here in the USA. And nowhere is that more evident than in the two new designs shown above. Currently 25% off with the code (I had to google it… and I’m glad I did). Discount is good through Monday, the 28th, at 11:59pm ET. Stay tuned for a full review and giveaway of these new designs next week.
The Pick: Made in the USA Chippewa 6-inch Service Boot – $135.70 – $142.52 ($200ish)
The extra 30% comes off at checkout, so, the price you see on the items page isn’t what you end up paying. You end up paying less. Much less. And if memory serves, that has to be the best price I’ve seen on those Made in the USA Chips. Remember, the size has to be sold (not just fulfilled) by Amazon. So as stock starts to run out, some sizes might be getting the deal, while others won’t.
Got all that? It’s 35% off shirts today, but then that discount starts to whittle away as the weekend moves on. Love their shirts. Absolutely LOVE their shirts, but even with the hefty discount they’re an investment for plenty. Yet, the construction is awesome, the lowered second button is nothing short of terrific, and I’ve had no problems with them holding up over many, many wears and washings. Seems like most of their shirts are made in Northwest Poland.
- 50% Merino / 50% Nylon “Crazy Stripe” Crew – $34.97 ($69.95)
- HIGH Stretch Slim Fit Jeans – $34.97 ($69.95)
- Slim Fit Merino V-Neck – $29.97 ($59.95)
- Moleskin Blazer – $59 ($118)
- 100% Cashmere Crew – $74 ($148)
- 1969 Cords in Slim or Straight Fit – $32.47 ($64.95)
- Merino Blend Textured Crew – $32.47 ($64.95)
- Merino Rugby Striped Scarf – $24.97 ($49.95)
Looks like even the GQ stuff is getting the half-off discount (even though it’s all just about gone). Meanwhile, basics like their excellent 50% merino / 50% nylon sweaters, as well as their 1969 cords in slim or straight, are now down into the $30s.
- FOUR Slim Fit Non-Iron Shirts – $35.82 per ($143.28 total)
- Navy Wool and Cashmere Overcoat in Slim or Reg. Fit – $288 ($400)
- Blake Stitched Cap Toe Boots – $157.68 ($219)
- Blake Stitched Chelsea Boots – $157.68 ($219)
- Goodyear Welted Grain Leather Wingtip Single Monks – $157.68 ($219)
Looks like the extra 10% off Code BLACK10 expires today. And, if you stack that on top of their already running deal of 20% off, PLUS you use the 4 shirts for $199 bundle (jeebus, is this complicated enough yet?), it’ll work out to about $36 per shirt, when it’s all said and done. Hooray Math! I think hooray. As long as I got the numbers right, then hooray. But, who knows. Kinda bummed that their awesome, ticket pocket equipped, “Epsom” overcoat has sold out. But they do have a more conservative topcoat available at post time in both slim and reg. fit. MEANWHILE… it looks like another shirts for $29.95 URL has popped up. www.ctshirts.com/TYLER should get you to that selection. Thanks to Stephen F. for the tip!
A heads up. If past is prologue, then know in years past Bonobos has had their best deal/deals on Cyber Monday. They are, after-all, a mostly web based business. So unless you’re spooked about something selling out, or, you don’t want to risk it? Then you might want to sit tight.
Those be some steep, steeeeeeeeeeep thresholds from the Amazon owned East Dane, but… they don’t really carry cheap stuff. There are exclusions, and once again, much of their Wolverine 1000 Mile collection isn’t getting the cut. But Loake shoes (like the recently reviewed Mitchum Chelseas) and Filson goods are, in fact, getting the discount.
Got all that? As far as the freebies go, order $50 or more and get a basic spring bar tool and free domestic shipping. $100 or more and you get a keyring springbar tool and free worldwide shipping. $150 or more (that’s… a lot) and you get a strap changing multi-tool and free worldwide shipping.
Free worldwide shipping
Not the most tongue wagging deal of the day, but will certainly appeal to some. If you’re a fan of the Brooks Brothers non iron dress shirt lineup, then now’s not a bad time to stock up.
And you’d be surprised what’s getting marked down and what’s not. END is based in the UK, so, their pricing can be a little different (sometimes better, sometimes not.) And do know that you’re on the hook for international returns.
- Brushed-Twill Stretch Blazer – $37.45 ($74.94)
- Built-in Flex Athletic Fit Jeans – $22.00 ($34.94)
- Built-in Flex Straight Fit Jeans – $22.00 ($34.94)
No code here. Discount happens in your cart. One restriction is “everyday steals.” But, chances are those are marked down to almost half off anyway.
Looks like the savings are reserved more for classics like the Fifth Ave., Strands, and the plain toe Carlyle. Warwick single monks are down to $195 as well. As always, model and color selection can vary greatly depending on the size and width you’re going for.
Remember, even at 50% off, not all of Orients Models can be had for their cheapest price direct through Orient. But those couple of models above? Sure seem to be the best price you can get em’ at. Can’t recall the last time Orient went 50% off. Code won’t work on the Mako USA II.
Yoox is… difficult to browse. They just have so much stuff. But I know more than a few of you use Yoox as a source for higher end, luxury stuff, at big discounts. So… have at it.
Also Worth a Mention:
- JackThreads: 30% off Everything
- UNIQLO: $15 off $150, $30 off $200, $50 off $300 and free shipping no min. w/ THANKS
- Cole Haan: 30% – 50% off Sitewide
- Billy Reid: 25% off reg. priced items w/ THANKFUL
- Lands’ End: 50% off w/ BLACK50 and 9000
- Massimo Dutti: 30% off with only a few exceptions plus free standard shipping.
- Todd Snyder: 30% off Todd Snyder and Todd Snyder + Champion collections w/ HOLIDAY30
Note: This post will be updated as more sales come down the pike. Got a tip on an extra good Black Friday Sale? Send those into email@example.com