Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Cornwallis – $239.20 (review here)
- McAllister Wingtip – $239.20
- Rogue Blucher – $177 – $239.20 (review here)
- Dalton Wingtip boot – $271.20
- First Avenue Boot – $271.20
- Brooks Bros. 5th Ave – $159.20
Prices aren’t as low as they got during that rare, online Factory 2nds flash sale from back in Mid January, but they’re pretty decent all the same. Especially if you want to take a shot at a Brooks Brothers model or a shoe in their Bourbon leather. Those options are priced to move. As always, since these are 2nds quality/outlet shoes, size and width selection varies greatly depending on what you’re looking for.
- 1969 Broken Twill Straight Fit Jeans – $41.96 ($59.95)
- Dark Wash Jeans in Slim – $48.96 ($69.95) or Straight Fit – $41.96 ($59.95)
- Oxford Standard Fit Shirt – $34.96 (49.95)
- Poplin Fatigue Jacket – $68.60 ($98)
It doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to figure out that jeans are actually included in this promo (which is highly rare as of late for GAP). Leather accessories seem to be out, so, no belts. But if you’re looking for a new pair of jeans, now’s not a bad time. Those new Broken Twill jeans are sorta like a (much) less expensive alternative to the Bonobos Travel jean (not to be confused with BR’s Traveler Denim, which is much, much more stretchy). These GAP “Broken Twill’ jeans also don’t seem to wrinkle as much, and the 2% spandex does provide a noticeable bit of stretch. Size shown above is 33×30 on 5’10” / 190. Codes JEANS & DENIM expire today, 2/4.
Big thanks to Freddy N. for sending in the style tip on this one. Once again, their Mako USA diver is excluded, but it seems like everything else is up for the code. And that everything else includes their outstanding Polaris GMT. Full review here.
- Goodyear Welted Grey Suede Kenton Plain Toe Boots – $171 ($228)
- Woodsman Cardigan – $88.50 ($135)
- Slim Blackwatch Plaid Oxford – $56.25 ($75)
- Cashmere Cap – $51 ($68)
- Marled Lambswool Scarf – $29.62 ($39.50)
A thoroughly “Mneh” sale. But that seems to be the case no matter the retailer right now. We’re in the doldrums. That’s how it seems to go every year. Code doesn’t apply to their sale section (which is usually an extra 30% – 40% off anyway) but there does seem to be a few new items in said sale section. So, keep an eye on it. Meanwhile, the select items isn’t one of their mostly site-wide deals. Not that big. But it is worth a scroll for some late winter transitional pieces.
The Pick: McGregor Longwings in Walnut – $197 ($385)
All roads lead to Allen Edmonds. Well, at least for this handful. Ending with how we started. An Allen Edmonds Sale. But these sub $200 McGregors are first quality, ship free and return for free. Still a dress shoe, but the long wing and open lacing make it lean a bit more casual. Which means it can pull some real duty with dark wash jeans and would look terrific up against warm weather suits (even light grey worsted wool). Pretty decent size selection at post time. Awesome price for the shoe.
- Arkansas Boot Mid Lace in Pebble Leather – $159 ($348)
- Evan Hiker in Espresso – $159 ($368)
- Arkansas Boot Mid Lace in Suede – $159 ($348)
Major thanks to reader Tom for sending in the tip on this one. Note that not all shades of leather or suede are on sale, but there’s some good variety there. And Made in the USA / Goodyear welted at this price is tough to come by. Looks like these things should ship and return for free? They don’t appear to be final sale?
Also worth a mention
- Rue La La: The Flash Sale site is running a “mega” sale with some brands like Brooks Brothers, Portolano, Barbour, and a few others. But know that it’s pretty picked over.
- Lands’ End: Extra 30% off sale & clearance w/ CUPID and 2442
- Ralph Lauren: Extra 25% off Sale Styles w/ FEB25. So that means those gloves and these gloves and this belt mentioned in last week’s handful are even cheaper.
- UNIONMADE: Their end of season sale is under way. It’s all final sale. And it’s all expensive.
- JC Penney: Extra 25% off w/ 2NOWSHOP. Not bad being that they usually stick to 15% – 20% off. Code expires today, 2/4.