Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Strands in Walnut, Brown, or Black – $199.00
- Warwick Single Monks in Walnut, Black, or Oxblood – $199.00
- Mcallister Wingtip Oxfords in Merlot, Brown, or Walnut – $199.00
- Dalton Wingtip Boots in Brown or Walnut – $225.00
They’ve done this once before. What’s the difference between this and a regular sale event on Shoebank.com? You don’t have to pick up the phone. It’s also a pretty substantial cut. 2nds don’t dip under $200 all that often. That, and from the company’s end, it helps them introduce their 2nds stock to their regular customers. Factory 2nds are shoes that don’t quite pass quality control, but the blemish, scratch, or misplaced stitch shouldn’t effect how the shoe wears. Some of the time, the defect is so minimal that you really have to be looking for it to notice it. Sometimes, the defect is so noticeable that they’ll go right back in the box and get sent back ASAP. As always with 2nds, size availability can vary greatly depending on the model and color you’re looking for. Returns will cost you a $10 restocking fee. Sale expires on Tuesday 1/19.
- The Windsor 95% Wool / 5% Cashmere Blazer – $278.60 FINAL ($548)
- Made in the USA French Corders (multiple colors) – $54.60 FINAL ($128)
- SLIM or Regular Merino V-Necks (multiple colors) – $40.60 FINAL ($98)
- Made in the USA Travel Jeans (multiple colors) – $54.60 FINAL ($98)
- Grenson Suede Single Monks – $243.60 FINAL ($435)
Sizes are scattered since it feels like an end of season clearance, but this is about as good as it gets for those of us who like the look, feel, and fit of Bonobos stuff, but don’t have the full price Bonobos budget. Code expires tomorrow, 1/15.
Haberdash Going Out of Business Sale (all sales final)
- Haberdash Made in Italy 80% wool / 20% Cashmere Topcoat – $349 FINAL ($698)
- Alden Indy in Black (lots of sizes) or Brown (all but sold out) – $449 FINAL ($522)
- Sanders Made in the UK Suede Chelseas – $299 FINAL ($398)
- Alden “George” Single Monk Chukka – $399 FINAL ($518)
- Converse Jack Purcell Signature – $69 FINAL ($95)
Going out of business? Well damn. That stinks. They were open for ten years. Hope all involved end up moving on to greener pastures. Many thanks to the guys at Haberdash for participating in one of our past Eliminators, as well as being all around good guys to communicate with over email. More info on their closing can be found here.
- John W. Nordstrom Trim Fit Solid Dress Shirt – $49.25 ($98.50)
- 1901 Colorblock 70% Merino / 30% Cashmere Sweater – $48.98 ($98)
- Nordstrom ‘Sydney’ Wool Twill Topcoat in Charcoal – $247.49 ($495)
- Bonobos Raglan Crewneck Sweater – $53.98 ($108)
Those further reductions are pretty scattered. Not everything that was marked down got another cut, and not everything that got a cut is still on sale.
- Kensington Cashmere Hat – $48.30 ($89.50)
- Half Knit Leather Glove – $69.30 ($119.50)
- Woolrich Cavalry Blanket Throw – $69.30 ($145)
Yes, another wool blanket. Prepare for a tangent. Defining the “worth” of something is tricky. For example, Warren Buffet once said of gold: “(Gold) gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head.” If you can’t eat it, take shelter in it, or defend yourself with it, then where’s the value? Of course there’s value… a bit farther up the chain. Yet there is a certain attraction to something that’s both incredibly beautiful as well as being useful at its most basic core. Plus, fleece blankets made out of recycled milk jugs look like crap. (Full credit for the recycling though.) Thus endeth the blanket lecture. (Update: Annnnd the blanket is gone.)
Also worth a mention
- J. Crew: Their Sale Section is an extra 40% – 50% off right now. Further reductions came down on Wednesday morning too. Sizes are getting pretty scattered, but, picks can be found over here.
- Ledbury: Extra 20% off sale items w/ WINTER20.
- H&M: Their winter clearance event is underway.
- Brooks Brothers: 25% off w/ DECBC15.
- Billy Reid: Those horse leather boots (and their brown calfskin companions) are down to $299.50. Final sale though.