Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Thompson Fit Blue Tweed Blazer – $91.20*
- Lambswool Buffalo Check Shawl Collar Sweater – $69.00
- Thompson Fit Blazer in Grey Glenplaid – $91.20*
- Thompson Fit Suit Jacket & Slim Pant in Flannel – $186.40*
- Thompson Fit Voyager Suit Jacket & Slim or Regular Pant – $174.40*
- Thompson Fit Worsted Suit Jacket & Slim or Regular Pant – $174.40*
The code is good for free shipping, while the 50% cut is reflected in the prices that are marked on the site. As is usually the case with J. Crew Factory, just because it’s 50% off the “valued at” price, that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily a stupendous deal. It depends on what is 50% off. Basics like shirts and plain sweaters have a pretty darn high “valued at” price, and can usually go for more than half off. Some of their blazers though, like the excellent blue tweed shown above? That can be tough to get into the low $100s. And suiting? It’s been a good long while since Thompson suits have gone for the low $200s.
***BIG FAT IMPORTANT UPDATE*** It looks like the code MYGIFT takes an extra 20% off orders that are $100+. That’s a huge deal, and puts their Thompson suits at a price point that hasn’t been seen in forever. Huge thanks to Matt H. for the tip!
- Extra Fine Merino V-Neck – $29.90 ($39.90)
- Extra Fine Merino Crew – $29.90 ($39.90)
- Cashmere V-Neck or Crew Neck – $69.90 ($99.90)
Their extra fine merino wool sweaters are some of the best in the business. The cashmere on the other hand… I just don’t have any personal experience with it. Some like it, some don’t. It’s cheap cashmere, so, it can disappoint some. But the extra fine merino is terrific. Nice cut, strong, lightweight, and super easy to layer. Not the warmest, but if you run hot? It’s perfect. You can also take $20 off $150 w/ the code HOLIDAY.
- First Avenue Boots in Brown Grain – $375 ($425)
- First Avenue Boots in Smooth Calf – $375 ($425)
- Freiburg Boots – $199 ($295)
- Sauk Drive Wingtip Boot – $199 ($350)
Already? Allen Edmonds is getting the jump on Black Friday this year and then some. Maybe it’s to account for manufacturing times? Anyways, it looks like they’re offering a few special designs, just for this sale (the versatile “Freiberg” is at the top of that list) as well as offering fifty bucks off select shoes like the new First Avenue. Wondering if they won’t add a few more items to the list come Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday? But who knows, this might be it.
The Pick: Double Breasted Wool Blend Topcoat – $166.80 ($278)
Hat tip to reader Nico for pointing out that this isn’t a half-bad match for the Topcoat Bond wears to Rome in SPECTRE. Not quite knee length, but getting there. Has epaulets on the shoulders, which can be a deal breaker for some. Efforting an in person with this thing. Might drop further if this sale keeps up (can’t seem to find an expiration date on it) and a code comes along?
- Peak Lapel Ludlow Topcoat in Wool/Cashmere – $315 ($450)
- Kenton Grey Suede Plain Toe Boots – $159.60 ($228)
- Ludlow Blazer in Lightweight Microgrid Cotton – $76.30 ($168)
- Italian Wool Shawl Collar Cardigan – $82.60 ($128)
The annual best affordable outerwear roundup is coming on Monday, but here’s a quick preview. It’s not all that “affordable” for most of us, but that J. Crew Peak Lapel topcoat is the bee’s knees. (If bee’s have “knees”… pretty sure they got joints down there, but… what makes a “knee” precisely? I’d have to ask my pal Chuck who’s a bee keeper. I’m sure he’d know.) Sale section is looking pretty solid right now as well. Code expires on Monday.
The Obvious Pick: Allen Edmonds Dalton in Walnut – $340 ($425)
Well that’s something. Ships and returns free since it’s Nordstrom.
Also worth a mention
- Club Monaco: Extra 30% off sale items w/ EXTRATHIRTY
- Target: Free shipping no min. and free returns now through Christmas.
- Gilt: They’ve got a monk strap event going on, featuring their own darn good for the money “Wall+Water” brand. But know that Gilt’s return policy is dreadful.
- Hugh & Crye: 40% off everything in their “dibs” section with the code DIBS
- Bonobos: Extra 25% off sale items w/ FALL25