Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Unconstructed Wool Sportcoat – $223.50 ($398)
- The Foundation Wool Tweed Suit – $420.00 ($560)
- Made in the USA Oak Street Lakeshore Boot – $345 ($460)
- Moleskin Jeans + Alpaca Cable Hat = $139.50 ($186 total)
Bonobos sure seems to have ramped up the frequency in codes as of late. And… that’s welcomed by those of us who like Bonobos, but wince a bit at their regular prices. It’s a high threshold here, but it seems to work on just about everything on their site. Even sale items and shoes. Code HEADSTART expires today, 11/12.
- Thompson Fit Voyager Suit Jacket & Slim or Reg Pant – $261.00
- Thompson Fit Worsted Wool Suit Jacket & Slim or Reg Pant – $261.00
- Thompson Fit Flannel Suit Jacket & Slim or Reg Pant – $279.00
They’re not mind-blowing prices, but if you’re in need of a suit, then now’s not a bad time to check out the J. Crew Factory Thompson line. They’re almost always excluded from codes, and usually run about $300+… but for some reason, most of their popular/most versatile suits are around $260 right now. And that’s a fair price for these things. Full review of the worsted option here, as well as the newer “Voyager” fabric suits over here.
- Leather Moto Gloves – $54.00 ($89.50)
- Boiled Wool Striped Scarf – $36.00 ($59.50)
- Quilted Flannel Glove – $54.00 ($89.50)
- Waffle Knit Extra Fine Merino Wool Scarf – $36.00 ($59.50)
- Extra Fine Merino Wool V-Neck Sweater – $39.50 ($69.50)
And just when you thought some Banana Republic sales couldn’t get anymore confusing. Two separate batches of “select” items here, that are “up to” 40% off. Yet, while some aren’t even close to 40% off, some items are actually more than 40% off. Their Extra Fine Merino V-neck Sweaters? Those are 44% off. NOTHING MAKES SENSE IN THE WORLD. But at least their boiled wool scarves are inching up on 40% off, and their waffle knit extra fine merino scarves also get the cut this time around. Not a bad time to pick up a new cold-weather accessory for you or for someone on your list.
The Pick: Made in Italy “Bond” Peacoat in Charcoal – $415.65 w/ BRNEWS15 ($695)
Still almost half a grand, but it’s tough to find these things under five hundred bucks. And it might be the last peacoat you buy for, well, a very long time. On sale in just the charcoal, but charcoal is pretty darn versatile. And for the jeans addicts out there who like a little bit of contrast, it might be favored over the more traditional navy. Ships & returns free. UPDATE: use the code BRNEWS15 for an extra 15% off. Thanks to Andrew L. for the tip!
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Corduroy – $148.50 ($198)
- Ludlow Blazer in Green Tartan English Wool – $298.50 ($398)
- Ludlow Shawl Collar Blazer in Blue or “Forrest” Velvet – $246 ($328)
- Cashmere Scarf in Dot – $88.50 ($118) or Plaid – $73.50 ($98)
Pretty much the same deal as Tuesday’s sale, minus the free shipping no minimum. The Legacy Blazers (in both Ludlow and Crosby Fit) are excluded, as is suiting and the vast majority of their shoes, but other sportcoats seem up for grabs. Note that if you have a J. Crew Credit Card, the discount jumps to 30% off w/ the code CARDPERK. More picks over here. Code SHOPTOIT runs clear though 11/17.
Also worth a mention
- Ralph Lauren: Further 30% off select sale items (prices are marked) for their “Pre-Holiday” sale.
- Bloomingdale’s: 25% off w/ HOLIDAY … but there are a crap-ton of exclusions.
- Christopher Ward: 15% off + free shipping w/ FAM15
- Target: Free shipping no min. and free returns now through Christmas.
- Nordstrom: Their Fall Clearance is still running, with their house brand suede double monks going for $77, and a few more sizes showing up in the Brown Wolverine 1000 mile McClean boots.
- Brooks Brothers: 15% off, or 25% off if you use a Brooks Brothers Card.
- Jack Spade: 20% off $150+, 25% off $250+, 30% off $350 w/ CHILL