Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Crosby Fit Tick-Weave Cotton Sportcoat – $89.99 FINAL ($218)
- Ludlow Peak Lapel Wool-Cashmere Topcoat – $315 ($450)
- Wool-Cashmere Notch Lapel Topcoat in Ludlow or Crosby Fit – $315 ($450)
- Abingdon Navy Laptop Bag – $47.99 FINAL ($98.00)
- Ludlow Suit Jacket & Pant in Blue-White Italian Cotton – $221.99 FINAL ($456)
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Grey Fine Stripe Cotton – $59.99 FINAL ($168)
Still waiting on a code that applies to most of their new sportcoat stock (like their Legacy Blazers), but for now? This isn’t half bad. Especially if you’re in the market for some outerwear. Meanwhile, their sale section has been slowly gathering some steam. If you’re the type who likes to wait it out and save a ton at the end of a season, then you can clean up with their deep markdowns on spring and summer stuff. Watch out for Final Sale stuff though. It’s everywhere.
- 90% Wool / 10% Cashmere Topcoat ($149.90) + OCBD ($19.90) = $149.80 total
- Wool Blend Blazer ($99.90) + TWO Merino V-Necks ($59.80) = $139.70 total
Meanwhile, in more affordable sale news, UNIQLO is offering a twenty dollar off promo… and of COURSE their wool/cashmere topcoats come in just under the $150 threshold ($149.90). But, the good news is that their hugely versatile OCBDS are on sale for $19.90. So, basically if you get the coat, you can get a shirt for free after applying the code. Ships free too, since that combo is over their free shipping at $99 threshold.
- Adventurer World-Time, Power Reserve Automatic – $347.75 ($535)
- Orient Duke Automatic – $288.50 ($290) review here…
- Orient Monarch Mechanical – $217.75 ($335)
Many of Orient’s wheelhouse models can be had for less on Amazon, but it’s their new stuff and often most desireable models that you usually can’t find over there. Plus, 30% off is typically as big of a discount that Orient will hand out direct. So, 35% off isn’t half bad. Just one exclusion: the Mako USA doesn’t get the cut. But their brand new World-Time “Adventurer” collection does. Just might be one of the better looking models Orient has released in a while (as long as you like the slightly-busy dial thing). Shown above is the egg-shell white dial. Grey hands & outer bezel. Exhibition caseback. It is one smart looking timepiece.
Billy Reid: 25% off w/ FRIENDS25 (sale items excluded)
- Bond Peacoat – $521.25 ($695)
- Suede Double Monk Straps – $296.25 ($395)
- Briefcase – $371.25 ($495)
- Astor Coat – $596.25 ($795)
Kudos to Billy Reid for now offering free shipping & returns BOTH ways, even if you use a code. And, they include a pre-paid label in the package. No having to print something out. Now, Billy Reid stuff ain’t cheap. And some of it can get a little stylistically risky. But what you do get is very impressive quality. Bought a pair of single monks from Billy Reid three or four years ago, and have not treated them kindly to say the least. No signs that they’ll give up anytime soon either. Big thanks to Jason N. for the tip on the sale!
- Wool Blend Cable Crewneck Sweater – $24.99 ($39.99)
- Suede Chukka Boots – $59.99 ($79.99)
- Textured Wool Blazer – $89.99 ($129)
H&M’s quality and fits are always a little suspect. But there’s actually some decent looking (and hopefully fitting/wearing) stuff in this sale event. That cable crew is 70% wool and 30% polyester. Not bad for $25. Meanwhile, those suede chukkas? Huge potential. And cheap suede is always a safer bet than cheap smooth leather. Be careful with their blazers. They run small and very short in the tail.
The Pick: 63% Cotton / 37% Nylon Mac Jacket – $58.09 ($118)
It’s a true clearance, so the majority of the items in the Fall Farewell Sale section have immensely scattered sizes, but the outstanding cotton/nylon mac has small, medium, and large at post time, and is going for under sixty bucks when you use the code MORE. Full review of last year’s (identical?) version can be found here.
Also worth a mention
- Target: “Up to” 25% off Men’s styles during the Men’s wardrobe event. And that includes the field jacket that was featured in this month’s most wanted.
- J. Crew Factory / Gilt: GiltCity is running an extra 30% off J.C.F. voucher. You’ll have to used it by the end of the day on Monday, but might be worth trying to stack with other deals? Thanks to Jim K. for the tip!
- Bonobos: 25% off $175+ w/ FITFORFALL (picks here)
- Cole Haan: 30% off w/ FRIENDS30
- East Dane: 25% off w/ INTHEFAM25 (picks here)
- Allen Edmonds: They’ve got a Made in the USA Leather Briefcase in their clearance section for $297.
- Lands’ End: 30% off reg. priced styles w/ HAPPY & 7103