Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Extra Fine Merino V-Neck – $29.90 ($39.90)
- Extra Fine Merino Crew – $29.90 ($39.90)
- Cashmere V-Neck or Crew Neck – $79.90 ($99.90)
- Lambswool Crewneck or V-Neck – $24.90 ($29.90)
It’s hard to beat UNIQLO’s extra fine merino sweaters in terms of bang-for-the-buck. They fit great, they’re durable, and the natural stretch makes them super comfortable. No, they are not the thickest. But if you’re looking for an easy to wear, super breathable extra layer for fall & winter, then you’d be hard-pressed finding anything better. Size shown above is a Medium on 5’10” / 185.
- Lambswool Shawl Collar Sweater – $73.50 ($98)
- Velvet Shawl Collar Sportcoat in Forrest or “Dark Pacific – $328 (not on sale… yet?)
- Kenton Suede Plain Toe Boots in Grey – $171 ($228)
- Bowery Slim in Moleskin – $73.50 ($98)
- Secret Wash Button Down in Eggplant Check – $48.37 ($64.50)
- Cashmere Chess-board Knit Necktie – $67.12 ($89.50)
Not the best sale, but a ton of new arrivals just launched, and man some of em’ are tempting. Too bad that most of them don’t get the 25% off cut. (Especially the new velvet blazers… Forrest Green? Yes please.) Fingers crossed that after this sale ends on Monday, a code that can be applied to more of their stock comes along.
The Pick: “Wyatt” Single Monk Straps in Burgundy or Black – $75.49 ($168)
Pretty surprised that these outstanding, budget single monks have dropped this low and still have so many sizes left. But they are buried at the tail end of a sale section that is littered with extreme sizes and goofy items. Full review of these things can be found here. Code expires tomorrow, 10/23.
- Stafford Camel Hair Sportcoat – $83.99 ($225)
- Stafford Gunner Cap Toe Boots – $48.74 ($99)
- Stafford Deacon Wingtip Boots – $48.74 ($99)
- Star Wars Chewbacca Union Suit – $63.75 ($85) because… well why not.
You don’t have to use a JCP credit card and you don’t have spend over $100. This is just a flat 25% off with the code, and that drops some of their most popular goods to as low as they’re gonna get. Full review of the Deacon and Gunner boots can be found here. Good move outta JCP to not only bring those boots back, but make the Gunner in cognac. Code 2BHAPPY expires next Tuesday, 10/27.
Hat tip to Victor A. for sending in the heads up on this sale. Not a ton of Orient models to choose from, but their popular, Bauhaus-like Bambino Version III is more than half off. Currently working on a Style Scenario for next week that features the blue option, so, this sale is just in time. They’re also offering 10% Huckberry Credit back if you pick up the new Mako USA. Full review of the Mako USA can be found here.
- Portolano 100% Cashmere Cable Knit Hat – $29.99 ($75)
- Cullen End On End Cashmere Scarf – $69.99 ($150)
- Portolano Men’s Nappa Black Cashmere Lined Gloves – $89.99
Rue La La really is one of the better flash-sale sites out there. Their events are usually pretty decent, and their customer service is quite good. And unlike Gilt, you can return most items for the original form of payment, minus shipping costs.
Also worth a mention
- Lands’ End: 30% off reg. priced styles w/ EXCITE & 4110
- Club Monaco: They’re running a (small) select fall items sale. No code needed.
- Christopher Ward: For those in the New York City area, Christopher Ward will be represented at Worn&Wound’s Wind-Up: NYC event.
- Billy Reid: Their Friends and Family 25% off code FRIENDS25 runs through 10/25. Sale items are excluded.
- H&M: They’ve got a fall sale running, but the selection is minimal.
- J. Crew Factory: $30 off $100+ & free shipping w/ 30OFF. At first (and second) glance, it’s not the best code. But it does knock their really nice Chino blazer back down to a reasonable $88.50, and you won’t get dinged for the extra $5 in shipping charges.