Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Strand Oxfords – $279 ($385)
- 5th Avenue Oxfords – $279 ($385)
- Warwick Single Monk Straps – $279 ($385)
- Dalton Wingtip Boots – $329 ($425)
It’s one of their better sales of the year, and this time around some of their most popular models will get some pretty serious price cuts. With costs going up everywhere, prices rose in the not too distant past, and getting a pair of first quality Strands for under $300 became a bit of a challenge. Not during the Rediscover America Sale this year though. Sale begins tomorrow, 9/25 and runs through 10/13.
- Stafford Signature Merino Wool Sportcoat ($99.99) + a pair of socks ($4.20) = $83.52
- Stafford Deacon Wingtip Boot – $49.99 ($59.99)
- Stafford Gunner Cap Toe Boot (in cognanc now too) – $49.99 ($59.99)
Lots of colors/patterns to pick from on the sportcoat. But why the socks? Because it’s actually cheaper to tip the 20% off $100+ balance, then use the code BUYNMORE, instead of just knocking $10 off the $99.99 price point the blazer’s stuck at. Speaking of the blazer… it’s not bad. The outer shell is actually quite night. Most are going to need a little tailoring at the sides and perhaps sleeves. Fully lined in polyester. More to come in the annual best blazers/sportcoats of the fall list. Meanwhile, the new cap-toe Gunner boots have shown up online in Cognac (not just black).
- Dock Peacoat w/ Thinsulate – $223.50 ($298)
- Lambswool Three Pocket Cardigan – $111 ($148)
- Lambswool Ribbed Cardigan – $111 ($148)
- Slim Softspun Shawl Cardigan – $96 ($128)
Not nearly as wide spread as last week’s 25% off event (no sportcoats this time, and less inventory to pick from as a whole), but still. Also, the sale section is, as is almost always the case, up for another 30% off with the code. Sale items are pretty picked over though, and it feels like there hasn’t been a fresh infusion of sale items in a while.
Really good to see that Suitsupply is continuing to expand their $399 offerings. And it looks like there’s a purely seasonal option in that section now as well? That darker grey Napoli fit shown above seems to have some real brushed/flannel/tweed like texture to it. Not bad.
If you don’t have Prime, and have been thinking about getting Amazon’s service that provides free 2-day shipping as well as music & video streaming services… then Friday might be the time to jump on board. It’s a bit of an odd promotion, but to celebrate their original series, Transparent, winning 5 Emmys, they’re dropping the price for new sign-ups to $67 for the first year. Prime is a huge time saver for plenty. No more running across town to a big box store for a new beard trimmer (because your old one crapped out on you), your next batch of protein powder(because you’re trying to meet some new goals) or… a latex Emperor Penguin mask (because… don’t ask). Prime gets it to you in two days at no extra charge.
Also worth a mention
- Charles Tyrwhitt: Their Mid Season sale is going on with shirts starting at $29.50.
- Banana Republic: Extra 60% off sale items w/ BRSALE, but sizes are extra scattered.
- Express: Extra 30% off clearance. Discount shows up in cart.
- Jack Threads: Extra 20% off w/ JTVIP20
- UNIQLO: They’re still offering $10 off their extra fine merino wool sweaters and OCBDS. Plus, you can take an additional $15 off $100 w/ the code FALL15. Free shipping kicks in at $50.
- Lands’ End: They’re doing 30% off regular priced styles (again? excellent…) w/ code YES30 and pin 9500. Many thanks to Eric L. and Brandon D. for the tips!