Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Alfred Sargent English Suede Double Monks – $239.99 FINAL ($525)
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Houndstooth Cotton – $77.99 ($168)
- Crosby Sportcoat in Italian Tick Weave Cotton – $142.80 full review here ($248)
- Ludlow Traveler Suit in Light Grey, Charcoal, Navy, or Black – $490 ($700)
There’s a bunch of new additions to the sale section, and big thanks (my wallet potentially won’t be happy) to reader Bernice A. for sending in the tip about the Alfred Sergents. Final sale on those though. Final sale on shoes is tough. But… damn. Meanwhile, the Ludlow sportcoat in houndstooth cotton is a great way to throw in a splash of color, for pretty darn cheap, as we approach mid-summer.
The (Familiar) Pick: Stafford Logan Wingtip Blucher – $45.04
JCP is perpetually running 15% or 20% off codes, so the code itself isn’t so great, but slap it on top of the nicely marked down Logan wingtips, and you can get a casual winger for a good price. Not gonna be suit worthy unless it’s a casual summer suit (think linen or seersucker), but the Logan will do just fine with all sorts of business casual wear as well as jeans and blazers. Full review here.
The bizarrely inexpensive pick: Lardini Italian Shawl collar smoking jacket – $139.30 ($1,500)
I’m sorry. What? Look, I think we can all admit that most of us hardly have ANY reason to throw on a smoking jacket. But for $140 after the code, down from FIFTEEN HUNDRED, for an Italian made shawl collar number? Friggin’ find a reason. Make a reason to wear it. Sleeve buttons are functional, so know you might have to drop a little on tailoring going in. Meanwhile, there’s been a few other noteworthy additions to the sale section, namely suede belts and made in the USA wool trousers. All of it is an extra 30% off w/ THESALEONSALE
UPDATE: Annnnnnnd… they’re gone. 38, 40, 42, and 44 all available at post time, now gone.
- Cable-Knit Shawl-Collar Cardigan – $62.99 ($148)
- Heritage Military Blazer – $74.99 ($250)
- Joshua Monk Strap – $59.99 ($128)
- Julian Suede Chukka Boot – $50.99 – $59.99 ($168)
Two different promotions, same BRSAVE code. 30% linen / 70% cotton blend on that hyper-preppy shawl collar cable cardigan. That heritage-blazer is super slim (so thicker guys, be warned) and only partially lined. Could make for an excellent, down-time, super casual blazer. Hell, go for a hike in it.
Just a friendly reminder from your neighborhood affordable men’s style website. Early access is just about wrapped up (you have to be a Nordstrom cardholder), and dark and early tomorrow morning the Nordstrom Anniversary sale goes live for the rest of us. Expect a full list of picks here on the site to start the day.
Also worth a mention
- Bonobos: They’ve bumped their extra % off sale items to 31% w/ TUPPERWARE (yes really, that’s the code. a good natured shot at Amazon).
- Brooks Brothers: Their summer clearance event continues to roll on.
- Hugh & Crye: Take 30% off select items w/ EARLYACCESS (link goes to the “average/slim” sizes… so click around if that’s not your fit w/ H&C).