Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Producer Automatic in White or Black – $125 FINAL ($250)
- Bambino Vintage Look White Dial – $130 FINAL ($260)
- Duke Automatic – $145 FINAL ($290)
- Explorer Automatic Dual Time – $357.50 FINAL ($715)
A few years back, 50% off through Orient’s USA website used to be standard. But those days are lonnnnnnnnnnng gone. Now, 30% is the standard, and about as good as it gets. Except through 6/21. They’re offering half off with FATHERSDAY15, but there’s a catch. And it’s a big one. No returns or exchanges. If you use that code on a watch, it’s final sale. Still, $125 for the rectangular case Producer? Full review here. Pretty incredible deal. Only exclusion seems to be the brand new, and awfully good looking “Mako USA” collection. A note: Some of their classics can be found on Amazon for around half off with some regularity. And Amazon is running a select watches 20% off deal right now, so it might be better to go there depending on the model. More on that in a bit.
- Merona Oxford Cloth Club Shorts (5 colors) – $14.99 ($24.99)
- Mossimo Slim Fit Chambray Collar Button Down Polo – $10.79 ($17.99)
- Merona “Dry Comfort” Button Down Collar Polo – $11.99 ($19.99)
It’s a Father’s Day promo, and that 40% off pegs these things at a price that’s got to be as low as it’s gonna get. Those Club shorts in Oxford cloth are tough to beat, even at the $25 price point. Now they’re $15. Both polos suggested above made the annual polopalooza round up. More details here.
The Pick: Waxwear Davis Brief – $119.20 FINAL ($378 )
Simple and modern, and another piece of proof that black and brown can work together quite nicely. Waxwear waterproofing treamtent to the exterior and bridle leather accents. Jack Spade stuff is pretty pricey to start (i.e., $378 for that case), so you might want to raid the sale section to see how far this extra 20% off can go. Code TOPPOP expires today, 6/11/15.
- Cotton/Nylon Mac – $72.09 ($128 )
- Toggle Cotton Shawl Collar Cardigan – $27.99 ($98)
- Cotton Shoulder-Button Sweater – $20.99 – $25.19 ($59.95)
- 1969 Slim Fit Jeans in Light Grey Wash – $27.29 ($69.50)
Always good to have a couple of warm weather layer-ables for when the weather turns to… not so warm, or, it starts to rain. That cotton/nylon mac is super lightweight, lined in chambray, and perfect for the occasional summer thunder-storm. Full review here. Cotton shawl collar cardigan started out at a whopping $98 retail, but is now down to $28. Take it with you to the beach, and don’t think twice about wearing it with shorts after sundown.
Even better than Orient’s 50% off deal… depending on the model. And one of those models is the Automatic, water resistant to 200m, can-handle-a-summer-beating Ray. 41mm diameter on that one, which looks great on almost all wrists. Links aren’t too chromed out either. A budget diver, especially with the code, that fights above its price point. There are a ton of “misses” in the (vast, oddly vast) selection of watches, shoes, and clothes in this Dad’s day sale… but the Orient is definitely a hit.
- Solid Dry-Pique Button Down Collar Polo – $17.90 ($22.90)
- Horizontal Striped Dry-Pique Button Down Collar Polo – $17.90 ($22.90)
- Checked Dry-Pique Button Down Collar Polo – $17.90 ($22.90)
- Slim Fit OCBD – $19.90 ($29.90)
Well that’s nice of them. Free shipping runs through the weekend, and their polos are still sitting at the $17.90 price point from last week’s handful. OCBDs are under twenty bucks as well. That free shipping really helps out a ton.
Bonus II: Massimo Dutti Spring/Summer Sale
- 100% Cashmere V-Neck (lots of colors) – $79.90 ($198)
- Cotton Blazer – $125 (was $198)
- Cotton/Leather Briefcase – $125 ($250)
- Blue Suede Loafers – $110 ($150)
Zara and its more expensive, higher quality brother Massimo Dutti don’t go on sale that often. This is one of those times where Massimo Dutti is on sale. Remember, Massimo Dutti, like Zara, runs pretty thin and trim. So you might want to size up if you’re in between. Free shipping & Free Returns (which is completely key) also appears to still be standard. Returns have to be made within 30 days of purchase. Many thanks to Michael G. for the tip!
Also worth a mention
- Maxton Men: 25% off all wallets w/ WALLETS25 through 6/12.
- Randolph Engineering: 30% off “Father’s Day Collection” (seems to be most if not all men’s?) w/ DAD30.
- J. Crew Factory: Extra 15% off Living Social Voucher. But, you have to enter your code in the promo code box, so look for a sitewide discount, instead of a code that would nullify your ability to stack. Hat tip to Lucas M. for the tip!
- J. Crew: 30% off sale items, 60% off final sale w/ SHOPNOW. But, not a lot of new stock in the sale section as of post time.
- Bonobos: 25% off summer weight chinos w/ CHINO25