Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Goodyear Welted Kenton Suede Wingtips – $95.99 ($218)
- Goodyear Welted Ludlow Suede Cap-Toe Boots – $179.99 ($368)
- Ludlow Italian Cotton Unconstructed Sportcoat – $159.60 ($228)
Same sale that launched earlier this week (so, select full priced items are 30% off), but J. Crew’s sale section is pretty fluid. Items come and go, and one of the newer markdowns is those very summer appropriate Kenton suede wingers for… $96? Nice. Goodyear welted and a slimmer profile than most summer suede shoes. Those would be for now. For later? That’d be the fall/winter/early spring ready Kenton Suede cap-toe boots. Real impressive for under $200. Full review here.
Bonobos: Spring Sale (plus sample sale in New York City)
- “Cloudbursts” Light Grey Washed Chinos – $68 ($88)
- “Wild Wisterias” Light Blue Washed Chinos – $68 ($88)
- “Fernbuckles” Washed Chinos – $68 ($88)
- Halifax Wool/Linen Shawl Collar Cardigan – $88 ($228)
Not the most amazing selection… yet, but worth keeping an eye on in case they add new items, offer up an extra 20% off sale items code, or both. Meanwhile, if you’re in New York, Bonobos is having a Sample Sale starting Monday, May 4th at 10am at their Flatiron headquarters. Address is: 45 West 25th Street, 3rd floor. They’re touting up to 60% off Spring & Summer styles for this thing. Runs through Friday the 8th, 10am – 5pm daily.
- Striped Shawl Sweatshirt – $76.49 ($125)
- Classic Leather Belt w/ Rounded Buckle – $44.62 ($75)
- Made in Italy “Gittens” Soft Calf Cap Toe Blucher – $212.49 ($650)
Those cap toes sure have an awfully high starting price (six… fifty), and look quite a bit like a blucher version of Bruno Magli’s Maioco? Maybe? Probably not. But they are described as soft, and that’s precisely what the Maglis are. Meanwhile, nice curve to the buckle on those belts. Might be a nice way to mix it up from the normally rigid angles on the buckles of other dress belts.
- Linen/Cotton Khaki in Slim or Straight Fit – $35.97 ($59.95)
- “Clean” Chambray Shirt – $35.97 ($59.95)
- Striped Popover – $23.97 ($39.95)
- “Summer” Mac Jacket – $58.80 ($98)
40% off is pretty decent for GAP, and their new 53% linen, 47% cotton pants have real potential for the warmer months. Meanwhile, that “summer” mac jacket appears to be an all cotton version of the mac they released a few months back. Full review on that one here.
The pick: Basket-Weave Cotton Blazer – $130.00 ($198)
Looks like Massimo Dutti (big brother to Zara) might be keeping around a “special prices” sale section? They used to not run sales more than a couple times a year, and this section seems to be hanging around. Good price on what could be a really sharp looking blazer. Cotton exterior, viscose/acetate lining. Sold in exact chest sizes instead of the ballpark S/M/L/etc. Those sleeve buttons DO look functional though. Good thing Massimo Dutti offers free shipping and free returns.
Also worth a mention
- UNIQLO: Free shipping no minimum on May 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
- Brooks Brothers: 15% off + 10% donated to the Golden Fleece foundation. Expires 5/1.
- UNIQLO: Their 2 polos for $39.90 deal is still going on (reg. $24.90 each)
- Macy’s: Extra 25% off w/ FRIEND
- Huckberry: Free shipping, site wide, through today (4/30)