The Thur/Fri Handfuls are great, but what if Monday (or Tuesday) rolls around and there are a few sales that can’t wait til the weekend? You’ll find three of the best (one for each leg), with a few picks from each, to start the week below. Expect these with zero regularity. Note: The Sales Tripod’s mascot is Captain Cookster, the three legged tabby seen above. Proving that yet again, in the most unlikely ways, cats continue to dominate the internet.
- Tommy Hilfiger Peak Lapel Tux Separates – $269.98 ($359.98)
- Seiko Solar Compass Black Ion Chrono – $237 ($316)
- Bulova UFH Quartz – $225 ($300)
- INC Cotton/Linen Half-lined Slim Fit Blazer – $74.99 ($99.99)
- INC Linen Suit Separates – $101.23 ($134.98)
- Citizen 43mm Eco Drive Chrono – $166.80 ($222.40)
20% off is pretty standard for Macy’s, so an extra 25% off can get some of their goods to bottom out in price. It’s also one of the few times that you can pick up a watch from Macy’s and actually have their price beat whatever that same piece is going for on Amazon (of course, prices fluctuate like crazy, so expect Amazon to catch up over the next day or so.) Those Hilfiger tux separates do have strong shoulders, but they’re all wool and will blow a crappy rental out of the water $200s. Meanwhile, good to see that the Macy’s house brand INC chose to NOT fully line that cotton linen blazer. There’s some potential there. Code FRIEND expires 5/14.
- Quilted Jacket – $35.00 ($99)
- Merino V-Neck Sweater – $14.00 ($39.95)
- 100% Cashmere Scarf – $21.00 ($59.95)
- Shawl Collar Sweatshirt – $14.00 ($34.95)
This seems to be a true seasonal clearance, so expect mostly fall/winter stuff and scattered sizes. There’s still some transitional pieces (like that merino sweater) that could see some use between now and when it gets blistering.
- Ludlow Italian Cotton Unconstructed Sportcoat – $159.60 ($228)
- Ludlow Traveler Suit Jacket & Matching Pant – $396 ($700)
- Kenton Suede Bucks or Penny Loafers – $115.80 ($198)
- Ludlow Suede Cap-Toe Boots – $179.99 (full review here)
Usual exclusions apply, so no current suiting, but there is a decent variety of Ludlows in the sale section. And the discount on the sale items has been raised up to 40%. That drops the Ludlow Traveler in a basic, versatile shade of Grey down to under $400. Been a while since a Ludlow in wool got under four bills.
Also worth a mention on a Monday
- Brooks Brothers: Their 25% off cardmember event ends today.
- Bloomingdale’s: $25 off $100 (exclusions apply) w/ SHOP25.
- JCPenney: 25% off w/ MYFAMILY. Drops their Logan wingtip to $45.
- Banana Republic: 40% off (usual exclusions apply) w/ BRFOLD40.
- Ralph Lauren: Their “Private” Sale (even though it’s clearly advertised on the front page) is underway, and you can take an extra 15% off w/ PRIVATE15.
- Restoration Hardware: Their cast iron bluetooth speaker is down to $69. Hat tip to Sean for the heads up on this.
- Ledbury: 35% off select short run / seasonal shirts through today. 30% off tomorrow. 25% off Wed. Many thanks to Keith for the tip!