The Thur/Fri Handfuls are great, but what if Monday (or Tuesday) rolls around and there are a few sales that can’t wait til the weekend? You’ll find three of the best (one for each leg), with a few picks from each, to start the week below. Expect these with zero regularity. Note: The Sales Tripod’s mascot is Captain Cookster, the three legged tabby seen above. Proving that yet again, in the most unlikely ways, cats continue to dominate the internet.
- Stafford Hopsack Wool Blazer – $74.99 ($99.99)
- Stafford Logan Wingtip Bluchers – $37.49 ($49.99)
- Stafford Cotton Sportcoat (multiple colors available)- $44.99 ($50.99)
- Stafford Acetate Lined Seersucker Suit Separates – $97.49 ($129.99)
That’s about as good as it gets for JC Penney. These days, in the post Ron Johnson/Nick Wooster era, 15% – 20% off codes are pretty standard (and usually you need to have a JCP credit card to get the 20% off). This time it’s a flat 25% off across the board, and it seems like most prices are already bottomed out. For example, the Logan wingtips usually go for $60 – $70, and are now on sale for $49. The hopsack blazer that’s pictured above is surprisingly nice. If you’re the type who prefers the classic look of metal buttons on your blazers, then this might be a steal. Gold tone buttons are on most of the colors, but there’s a more subtle, matte silver-tone on the charcoal and light grey options. Shoulder pads are noticeably slimmer than other Stafford jackets. Wool shell. Lined in all poly, but it’s not scratchy. Size shown is a 38R on 5’10” / 185. Code 2FRIENDS expires today.
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Grey Checked Irish Linen – $173.60 ($248)
- Bulova “Air Warden” Watch – $139.30 ($199)
- Chambray Sideline Short – $48.65 ($69.50)
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Black Irish Linen – $173.60 ($248)
It’s not a huge selection of goods… BUT… it is the first time their new light grey linen ludlow blazer has gone on sale. Usually the first time J. Crew puts their new seasonal blazers on sale (whether it’s fall or spring), the cut works out to 20% or 25% off. So 30% off seems extra nice. The grey sportcoat is unconstructed, with the black sportcoat being partially constructed. Nice to see they aren’t weighing down a linen blazer with a full lining. Meanwhile… that Bulova. Looks familiar, don’t it? RIP 96A102. That thing, once upon a time, was going for $70. Code SPRINGSTYLE expires today.
- Bulova “Murren” Swiss Automatic – $627.37 ($1195)
- Nike Blazer Mid (Grey) or Hi (Black) – $67.50 ($90)
- Jack Spade Dipped Leather Briefcase – $373.50 ($498)
- Wolverine 1000 mile Rockford – $300 ($400) & Cortland – $285 ($380)
Bloomingdale’s isn’t Kohl’s, so don’t expect a ton of real affordable stuff, but there are some deals to be had. Those Nikes are dead ringers for the J. Crew collaboration (if not the exact same), and make for a great off-the-clock shoe. Super comfortable too. You can find more on the retro-inspired, Swiss made Murren collection from Bulova here (two Bulova’s in one post? Odd…). And while 25% off is nice for that Jack Spade case, more than a few of us are gonna hold out until it hopefully hits Jack Spade’s sale section, and an extra 25% – 30% off code gets run.
- Thompson Voyager Suit Jacket & Slim or Reg. Pant – $200.20 ($286)
- Thompson Worsted Wool Jacket & Slim or Reg. Pant – $193.20 ($276)
- Thompson Slub Linen/Cotton Suit Jacket & Slim Pant – $151.20 ($221)
Remember this from yesterday? They’re now running a suit sale (up to 40% off) and the Gilt City voucher is working on it. The prices without the extra 30% off are already pretty good, being that JCF has a tendency to exclude suiting from codes. But $200 or under for a wool Thompson? That hasn’t been the case for a few years. They even put their new unconstructed cotton/linen blazer in this sale, and with the Gilt Voucher, it’s a few bucks cheaper than it was yesterday. Full review of the Voyager suit here. Oldie but Goodie worsted wool Thompson suit review is here. Thanks to Justin M. for the tip on how the GiltCity voucher stacks with the suit deal!
Also worth a mention on a Tuesday
- UNIQLO: $20 off $150 w/ THINKSPRING , and they’re knocking $10 off most of their jeans and casual shirts (OCBDs included) for this week’s promotion.
- Cole Haan: Extra 40% off clearance with EXTRA40.
- Nordstrom: They’ve put the Allen Edmonds McGregor longwing in suede on sale for 40% off. Down to $229. That’s a lot, but they’ll look pretty darn dynamite with a summer suit.