Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Rogue Cap Toe Derby – $288.75 ($285)
- Park Ave Oxford – $288.75 ($385)
- Strand Oxford – $288.75 ($385)
- McGregor Suede Longwings – $229 ($385)
Major thanks to reader Collin M. for sending in the style tip on this one. Looks like Nordstrom is doing a bunch of price matching right now, and there are some wheelhouse AE models on sale for 25% off. Also included is the brand new, originally designed in the 1940s, big-perforations “Rogue” derby (seen at left). Free shipping & free returns, as always, since it’s Nordstrom.
They’re back. Just… with a different name. Gone is the “Antoine Arnaud” mark. Now they’re calling themselves “Armogan”. ‘kay. Bottom line: These are one of the better looking quartz chronos on the market. Not the cheapest at $199, but they’re tough to get here in the States. Good to see that Huckberry has restocked a bunch of different dial/band combos. Miyota movement. Slightly domed crystal. Full review here.
- Goodyear Welted Suede Cap Toe Boots – $209.99 ($368)
- Club Blazer in Charcoal or Navy – $223.99 ($425)
- Ludlow Italian Chino Suit Jacket & Slim Pant – $291.20 ($456)
- Secret Wash Shirt in Microdot – $34.99 ($79.50)
And their suede cap-toe boots FINALLY go on sale just in time for warm…weather… dammit.
UNIQLO’s oxford cloth button downs are a basic that are well loved by plenty. Looks like the slim fits are a little low in stock right now? Many more options than just those couple of picks above. Part of their weekly specials, with Jeans and some other pants also getting a nice discount. They’re also still running their $20 off $150 code THINKSPRING in case you’re stocking up.
Here’s how this works = Express is currently running a 40% off all polos promotion, and that includes their well loved, springy + smooth, no-logo polos. They’re also running a $25 off every $75 with the code 1013. Three polos = $71.82. Add in some socks at $10.90, and you tip the threshold for the twenty five bucks off. Apply the code, and you end up with three polos and a pair of summer-ready socks for under sixty bucks.
- Thompson Worsted Wool Jacket & Slim or Reg. Pant – $207.20 ($276)
- Thompson Voyager Suit Jacket & Slim or Reg. Pant – $207.20 ($286)
- Thompson Slub Linen/Cotton Suit Jacket & Slim Pant – $165.20 ($221)
In case you missed it in the Tripod on Tuesday. Last day for this suit sale. GiltCity vouchers stack. Wool Thompsons for around $200 or under are awfully rare these days, while a trim fitting, easy to tailor, slim shoulder pads, acetate (not poly) lined summer suit for $150ish is as good as it’s gonna get. They’re fused of course, but they move quite well. UPDATE: Prices are moving around on these a little bit, but still land in the mid to high $100s for non-wools, and low $200s for wools.
Also worth a mention
- Banana Republic: 50% off select styles w/ BRHALF
- Bloomingdale’s: Their 25% off F&F code FRIENDS runs through Sunday. Picks here.
- Jack Erwin: They just released a spring line featuring suede chukkas and loafers. Efforting an in-person.
- Rue La La: The flash-sale site is running a Brooks Brothers event.
- Ledbury: They just launched a 25% off code SPRINGCHICKEN on Friday. Big thanks to Keith for the tip!