Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Wright Speckled Italian Wool/Silk Classic Fit Blazer – $251.30 ($525)
- Made in Italy Stripe Scarf – $34.30 ($69.50)
- Grid Mock-Neck Wool Cardigan – $62.30 ($189.50)
- Wool Toggle Coat – $195.30 ($349)
- Grenson Suede Wingtips – $181.30 ($405)
- Cashmere Knit Cap (multiple colors) – $41.30 ($79.50)
Hey look. A blazer from Club Monaco that doesn’t appear to have a chopped tail. Even if it’s “classic fit”, it’s still CM. So maybe it won’t be super bulky through the sides? There’s always tailoring too. Major potential there. Functional sleeve buttons though. Overall, one of the better sale events Club Monaco has run in a while. Lots to browse through in the sale section. But watch out for final sale items. There’s some lurking about. Seems like most of it isn’t final sale though?
- Tailored Fit Cotton/Linen Peak Lapel Blazer – $161 ($230)
- Traveler Jeans in Rinse – $82.60 ($118)
- Joshua Suede Double Monk – $103.60 ($148)
Stinks that it’s just for card members, but it seems like there’s more BR/GAP card holders out there than other retailers. Kinda diggin’ the not too wide peak lapels & ticket pocket on that blazer. Anticipate an in-person in the not too distant future. Full review of the super-stretchy traveler jeans here.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Centennial 6″ Boots – $280 ($400)
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Morley Full Grain Suede Boots – $280 ($400)
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Horween #8 Boots – $284 ($355)
East Dane is NOT cheap. Run by Amazon, it’s their upscale men’s store with a ton of you’ve-got-to-be-kidding-me expensive, designer stuff. At least there’s some Wolverine 1000 Milers on sale. Doesn’t appear to be final sale either? Ships extra fast if you’ve got Amazon Prime.
Not an enormous savings over picking one of these up through other retailers (once you factor in shipping), but Huckberry is a trusted source, and these pens are pretty darn fantastic. Big fan. The aluminum body has a great feel to it compared to plastic/composite pens. Full review (yes, a review of a friggin’ pen) can be found this-a-way.
The Pick: McGregor Longwing in Bourbon, Chili, or Walnut – $199.00
In case you missed it and you’re up for playing the 2nds quality game. Those McGregors are something else. Much more sleek looking compared to many other longwing bluchers (say, the Florsheim Veblen for example). Built around the familiar 65 last, which is the same last the Strand and 5th Ave. is built on. Long Wing = the wingtip sweeps all the way to the back of the achillies, instead of sweeping down and taking an off-ramp pre-heel. It can be a great look, or a bit of a fuddy-duddy look. It’s pretty sweet on this shoe. Would be a perfect smart-casual shoe to wear with jeans and a blazer. Size and color availability will be based on your chosen size/width combo.
The Pick: Wallace & Barnes Boiled Wool Sweater Jacket – $148.50 ($198)
Overall, it’s as limited as a J. Crew sale will get, but at least the W&B Boiled Wool Shawl Collar is back in stock (UPDATE: sizes are going fast on this one…). It’s an investment piece, but extremely nice. The boiled wool is dense but not squishy thick. The leather elbow patches and quality buttons are nice touches. The bit of blue at the cuffs and hem looks pretty smart. More of a substantial house sweater than outerwear, but even if it’s worn over a t-shirt + with sneakers, it looks anything but schlumpy.
Also worth a mention
- GAP: Take off 30% adult jeans w/ JEANS
- J. Crew Factory: 30% off $125+ w/ YAYSHOP
- EXPRESS: $15 off $50, $30 off $100, $60 off $200 w/ 1171.
- Ralph Lauren: $25 off $150+, $50 off $250+, $125 off $500+, & $200 off $750+ w/ RLSTG15. Y’know, just in case you’re looking to drop three quarters of a grand at Ralph Lauren.
- Ledbury: Their Sale Section is now all Final Sale and 50% off. Sizes are extremely scattered though.
- J. Crew: Couple of things to keep an eye on in the sale section… The Velvet Shawl Collar is back, but final sale, and they’ve added a few Ludlow Suits from the fall/winter collection. This blackwatch option might be a little loud as a suit, but maybe the jacket could do just fine on it’s own and worn as a sportcoat? Also final sale.