Retail analysts used to dismiss Cyber Monday as little more than a joke compared to the in-store Black Friday onslaught. Times have changed. So much so that a good chunk of us (read: most) do our Black Friday shopping online. Cyber Monday is just a bonus, with sometimes slightly different and potentially better offers for the web savvy crowd (such as free shipping no minimum deals). Expect this post to be updated throughout the day.
- The Hawthorne Basketweave Sweater in Grey or Navy – $54.60 ($98)
- Washed Chino Blazer in Navy or Grey – $68.60 ($198)
- The Resin Dark Rinse Jean – $68.60 ($98)
- Washed Chinos (especially those “copper heads” seen above) – $61.60 ($88)
- Jack Spade Anchor Credit Card Holder – $54.60 ($95)
One of, if not their best deal of the year. No thresholds you need to tip, and it’s good on everything (not just already on-sale items). Free shipping and free returns with it all. Makes sense that Bonobos would hang their holiday retail hats on Cyber Monday, being that they were born and raised on the web. Code CYBERMONDAY expires tonight.
- Wenger Urban Classic Chrono – $131.90
- Laco Type B or Type A Automatic Pilot Watch – $281.40 ($402)
- Made in the USA Chippewa 1901M25 in Cordovan Shade Leather – $181.30 ($259)
- Original Penguin “Earl” Polo – $24.78 ($59)
Browsing the “Fashion” section of Amazon is still a chore. Even when they run these select item sales… there’s always 4k – 9k items IN the sale. So there’s lots of digging around. Not a lot of Hamiltons, Tissots, Seikos, Citizens, Allen Edmonds, Levis, or Joseph Abboud sportcoats to be had in this one. But those Chippewas… in that shade? With the seemingly sleeker profile and the circular eyelets that go all the way up? Nice. One outfit scenario for those can be found over here. Usually those run in the low $200s with sales.
- Unconstructed Cotton Twill Sportcoat – $75.60
- SLIM Long Sleeve Contrast Pocket Tee – $17.55
- SLIM Textured Merino Elbow Patch Sweater – $35.55
- SLIM Merino V-Neck Sweater – $28.80
- SLIM Washed Button Down – $25.20
Not bad with that extra 10% off on top of the already half-off marked prices. And the free shipping is extra nice for one-off, cheaper purchases that wouldn’t have tripped the free-shipping threshold. Also, there appears to be some weird stock fluctuations going on with the JCF site? The outstanding (full review here) twill blazer didn’t seem to be on the JCF site until yesterday? And the rustic merino elbow patch crews were all but sold out as well, but now they’re back. Weird.
- Slim Fit Lambswool Textured Stripe Crewneck Sweater – $51.80 ($74)
- Straight Fit Holiday 5-pocket Moleskin Pants – $47.40 ($79)
But the catch is the deal only works on stuff that’s regular price. And it’s Lands’ End, where they’ve got so much of their inventory on sale that this ends up being just a so-so deal. Meanwhile, it is nice to see they also made their new line of sweaters in not just their regular cut, but a slimmer cut as well.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Whitepine – $199.95 ($249.95)
- Cole Haan Canton Boot – $129.95 ($149.95)
- Mercanti Fiorentini Wingtip Boot – $149.95 ($169.95)
- Mercanti Fiorentini Wingtip (especially in burgundy) – $139.95 ($159.95)
- Mercanti Fiorentini Cap Toe Oxford – $129.95 ($149.95)
DSW didn’t really do much for Black Friday, so it’s nice to see one of their tiered codes pop up for Cyber Monday. Remember, to use this CYBERTHON code, as well as their SHIPR free shipping code, you’ll need to sign up for their email list.
Got all that? It’s a blanket 10% off, site wide, which you can lump on top of their 30% off sweaters & outerwear promotion. Free shipping on all orders is kinda eye catching. Brooks Brothers shipping is steep. So, if you’ve had your eye on something on the less-expensive side that doesn’t go on sale all that often, maybe’s now the time to revisit.
- Clarks Original Desert Boot in Beeswax Leather – $84 ($130)
- TSOVET SVT-CN38 – $150 ($200)
- Sorel Premium T Leather Boot – $115 ($140)
Yep. There’s even a few gems hidden among the digital shelves of Urban Outfitters. Nice price on those Clarks. And as far as the Tsovet goes… one day, the Nomos. Today? The Tsovet. Free shipping helps too.
- Cashmere Wide Rib Cap – $68.60 ($98)
- Mosaic Wool Scarf – $41.65 ($59.50)
- Ceramic Travel Mug – $12.95 ($18.50)
- Abingdon Two-Tone Travel Kit – $47.60 ($68)
Might as well call it the “pick up a stocking stuffer and not get dinged on shipping” sale. Pretty much the same sale that they were running over the weekend. Looks like the same selection gets the 30% off cut too (read: no velvet blazers). BUT… shipping is free on all orders. Even on the cheapest of the cheap. And don’t laugh at that ceramic coffee/travel mug. It’s got a good weight to it, and it’s more enjoyable to sip coffee out of than some plastic number.
- Tabbed Leather Gloves – $69.00
- Leather Valet Tray – $21.00
- Reversible Cashmere Hat in Grey, Brown, or Blue – $51.00
40% off is fine, but the free shipping, no minimum means you can pick up a stocking stuffer or two(cashmere hat, gloves, small leather good… $2700 fountain pen?) and avoid shipping charges.
Cool Material has done one hell of a job growing their shop into one of the better, most well curated shops for sub $100 purchases on the web. Glassware. Leathergoods. Pens. It’s not only fun to browse their shop, it’s dangerous. You might end up blowing 30-45 minutes just poking around.
Usually it’s just 15% off unless you use a JC Penney store credit card. Not this time. Jumps to 30% off if you get north of $100 too. And that’s rare. But good luck doing that. JC Penney seems to have blown through a lot of their inventory. The Deacon boots are gone. Gunner boots are almost there. But you do get the 30% off with CYBRMNDY on that Harris Tweed blazer. Impressive.
- Haberdash Bespoke 607 Crawford Plaid Jacket – $299.25 ($498)
- Haberdash Bespoke 607 Hayden Angelico Navy Blazer – $299.25 ($498)
Still in splurge territory for many of us, but an extra 25% off sale items gets some of their mighty fine (and a bit pricey) goods down into the attainable realm. These in-house brand jackets are made in Canada, half canvas, and cut from Italian wool. Returns are for store credit only, so call or email with any fit questions: email@example.com or 888-544-0585.
No handing over an email address or zip code. Not limited to just a pre-determined selection of items. A flat 30% off. That’ll do.
They do say that “some exclusions apply”… but at post time, this code is working on the Alden Indys shown above. Of course they’re still expensive. But getting your feet in a pair of Alden Indys, at a discount, is tough to do. Hm…
- Michael Kors Wool Blend Topcoat – $149 ($295)
- Nordstrom Flat Front Wool Gabardine Trousers – $65.98 ($98.50)
- 1901 â€˜Casey’ Longwing Derby – $59.96 ($99.95)
- Wallin & Bros. Wool Flannel Sport Coat – $264.65 ($395)
- Nordstrom Perforated Leather Gloves – $32.90 ($49.50)
- Nordstrom Stripe Cashmere Scarf – $65.90 ($99.50)
- Skagen Square Dial Watch (full review here) ‘ $90.45 ($135)
Appears to be close to the same selection of on-sale goods that they had for Black Friday and over the weekend. But today, Level 1 Rewards Members get double points on every net dollar spent. Level 2-4 members score 10 points on every net dollar spent. And if you know what any of that means? I’d shake your hand if I could (you have to be a card member, either credit or debit).
- Now $249: Carlyle, Grayson, Park Avenue, Strand.
- Now $199: Flatiron, Fifth Ave, Delray, Randolph, Patriot, Vernon, Lexington.
Fifth Avenue 2nds for $199 is very much worth a mention. Of course, you have to play the 2nds game if you’re not near an Allen Edmonds Factory Outlet, but many have played that game and “won.” Availability, as always with 2nds, depends on your size and preferred shade. Many thanks to David L. for sending in the style tip on this one.
Want a new watch, but don’t want to drop the cash on buying a new watch? Switch out the strap. Switching out the strap on an old favorite time-piece can breathe a LOT of new life into it. Like putting new paint on the walls of a room, it can change the look almost entirely. Especially if you go with something like a Flieger or a Rallye. 15% off American Made Straps & collaberations, 25% off leather straps, and 35% off nylon straps through today.
And… others worth mentioning + ongoing deals from last week
- Target: Buy one get one 50% off on clothing, shoes, & accessories.
- Banana Republic / GAP / Old Navy: 40% off (but the usual restrictions apply) w/ CYBER
- Club Monaco: 20% off $200, 25% off $300, 30% off $500 PLUS, an additional 30% off sale items w/ CYBERSALE. That drops these suede Grensons to $173.
- H&M: 30% off $50+ w/ 2896
- Allen Edmonds: Their select items sale is still ongoing. Includes the Weybridge oxfords in brown & walnut.
- formâ€¢functionâ€¢form: 25% off w/ lingeringfoodcoma
- Cole Haan: 40% off almost everything
- Maxton Men: 25% off orders of CM25
- Huckberry: The “Dappered” shop is still open for business, and they’re doing free shipping site wide today.
Expect updates throughout the day. What else? If you’ve got leads on other Dappered-related Cyber Monday deals, feel free to send em’ in to firstname.lastname@example.org.