Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- SLIM Merino V-Neck Sweater – $34.15 ($49.50)
- J. Crew Factory Unconstructed Sportcoat in Twill – $81.42 ($116)
- SLIM Textured Elbow Patch Merino Crew – $47.99 ($69.50)
- Lambswool Colorblock sweater – $34.15 ($49.50)
- Flannel Robe – $44.50 ($64.50)
- Cross-Dot Knit Hat – $14.83 ($21.50)
A Friday, Halloween update. Nice. Perfect for those that might need a new sweater, but not a ton of new sweaters (lookin’ at you and your $200 threshold UNIQLO). Code drops the fantastic slim-cut merino v-necks into the target price range for the $1500 wardrobe, plus, you save that extra $5 shipping charge on top of that. Full review of the mostly unlined twill sportcoat can be found here. Suiting is excluded once again, but a solid code for those not looking to empty their wallet, yet still pick up a new piece or two.
Another Halloween update. Doesn’t get much better than that. Thirty bucks for a pair of Levi’s, in your chosen fit, and they throw in shipping too? That’s awfully good. Many thanks to Tasha for the tip on this one.
- Alfani RED Slim Fit Velvet Blazer – $69.99 ($124.99)
- Hilfiger Peak Lapel Tux Separates – $259.98 ($359.98)
- Calvin Klein Wool Slim “X” Fit Suit in Navy or Charcoal – $224.99 ($324.99)
Major hat tip to reader Brandon D. for the style tip on this one, and for putting it this way in the email: “If you have the stomach to sort through their site.“ Nailed it Brandon. Macys.com is about as chaotic as their brick & mortar floors on black Friday. It’s more than a bit of a challenge to separate wheat from the chaff*. That velvet notch lapel blazer from the Macy’s house brand might not have the sezexahy as J. Crew’s shawl lapel, but it’s a heck of a lot more friendly on the wallet. Meanwhile, if you’ve got some black tie stuff coming up (fundraisers around the holidays and what not) the Hilfiger peak lapel tux suit separates are about as good as you can do for a tux in the $200s. Pick one up now and you should have time to get it tailored to your specs before the holidays hit.
This trips the “something’s fishy” trigger, so be careful. Never heard of this “fsfashionny” site. The prices are oddly low (could they actually be seconds quality?). And in the pics, the boots appear to be… dusty? Hat tip to reader Miles G. who sent in the style tip on these. Ships free, but you’re on the hook for returns. Maybe worth contacting Nordstrom and seeing if they’ll price match? Both the Rockford and Addison are on the Nordstrom site.
The Combination Picks (hold on to your butts)
So UNIQLO is getting into the threshold game huh? Can’t recall them running one of these before. Wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Anyway, as of post time it looks like they’re letting you use sale merchandise to tip the $200 threshold balance. Which is key, since it seems like a lot of their desirable combos seem to add up to JUST under $200 (doesn’t seem like a coincidence… does it). It’s UNIQLO, so, you might have to add a few things (as shown above) to hit two bills. Use the code BOO31 at checkout for the $31 off $200, and to get those total prices shown above.
The Pick: Fairfax Oxford in Chili – $219.97 ($325)
Huh? Where’d these come from? Sure this is the time for Zombies, but there’s a few back-from-the-dead items in the handful this week. Thought these were long gone. Currently sold in an Allen Edmonds event (not a ton of selection in there) by the Nordstrom owned flash sale site HauteLook. Sizes are starting to move quick though. Obviously, a whole cut in chili-leather with wingtip like perforations (but no layers of leather) won’t be for everyone… but still.
- Goodyear Welted Suede Pacer Boots – $170.10 ($243)
- Ludlow Navy Velvet Shawl Collar Sportcoat – $246 ($328)
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Blackwatch Cotton – $171 ($228)
- Dock Peacoat in “Mossy Shadow” w/ Thinsulate – $219.10 ($293)
- Slim Rustic Merino Elbow Patch Crew – $48.99 FINAL ($89.50)
As expected, the Goodyear welted, suede, Indy-like “Pacer” boots have been dumped in the sale section and now get the 30% cut. But that sole. It’s so very… salmon? But the rest of the boot sure looks awesome. Some will jump now, some will wait for further price cuts. Pretty much the same sale they had running last week.
UPDATE: Apologies for the dead link on the Pacer Boots. Went to a “sold out” page, but, they’re not. Should be fixed. Also, their plain toe pacer boots were added to the sale section overnight.
Huh. And they’re even sold direct by Amazon (at post time) too. Thought these had more or less disappeared only to be replaced by a funkier, less classic looking auto chronograph. Bit of an art deco thing going on with the stair-step case, but all sorts of classic and clean. Swiss automatic. Crisp & snappy chronograph function. 42.5 mm case and an anti-reflective sapphire crystal. Half a grand ain’t nothin’, but these watches are something else.
- Tailored Fit Navy Cord Blazer – $104 ($198)
- Wool & Leather Gloves – $58.17 ($89.50)
- Bryant Chelsea Boots – $109.20 ($198)
- Extra Fine Merino Tactleneck – $51.67 ($89.50)
Yeah, you gotta be a cardmember, but a GAP or even Old Navy card will work too. Been a bit since Banana Republic ran a no merchandise exclusions offer. And with that tailored fit navy corduroy blazer already being on sale at $160, the extra 35% drops it to… just over a hundred bucks? That’s a steal. More on that thing over here.
Also worth a mention
- Saks off 5th: Buy one get one free suiting. According to a tip from reader Tim M., their “Saks Fifth Avenue Black” line, with the wool/silk fabric, is a strong buy at two for $799.
- Haberdash: They’re running a “best prices of the season” select items sale. Remember, sale merchandise at Haberdash can only be returned for store credit.
- J. Crew Factory: They launched some new arrivals this morning, and while there are a couple of new sweaters worth putting on the radar… man they’re expensive.
- FormFunctionForm: The guys at FFF just launched their new iPhone 6 Wallet.
- 6pm.com: They’ve got the Allen Edmonds do-anything Kenilworth brown derby for $176.99. Review over here. But it seems like more recent batches might be suffering from some issues?
- Jack Spade: Extra 25% off Sale Items w/ SAVE25
- Jos. A. Bank: 70% off most everything + free shipping no minimum = Shoe trees for $7.50 shipped. Big thanks to Doug W. for sending in the style tip on this one.
- GAP: Cardmembers get 40% off reg. priced styles w/ STRIPE40.
* ANTIQUATED AGRICULTURAL METAPHOR ON A MEN’S STYLE SITE! Don’t see that every day… probably for good reason.