Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Slim Donegal Bedford Pant – $59.00 ($118)
- Donegal Shawl Collar Cardigan – $49.00 ($98)
- Lambswool Fair Isle Stripe Sweater – $44.00 ($88)
- Thompson Topcoat in Herringbone – $134.00 ($268)
- Walker Herringbone Vest – $59.00 ($118)
- Thompson Wool-Blend Herringbone Sportcoat in Charcoal or Brown – $99.00 ($198)
Suiting, once again… is excluded. But still, half off is half off, even if it’s half off the “valued at” price. Prices are as marked. New arrivals are just landing (Factory First members saw em’ yesterday) and there’s lots of wintery donegal in there. Just try and limit it to one piece of donegal at once. That’s a lot of flecking. It’s kind of like corduroy in terms of wearability. If it’s a matching suit? Sure. But you don’t want to wear a donegal wool trouser with a non-matching donegal sweater.
Nordstrom’s flash sale site (so yes, you have to hand over an email address) is running a Bonobos event that has a good selection of cords on sale. The selection of items, as a whole, isn’t mind-blowing, but there are tons of sizes in the cords that they do have. Usually crazy-expensive, now still a bit of a splurge, but much more attainable. Returns are free to any Nordstrom Rack, or, $5.95 with a pre-paid label.
- Mercanti Fiorentini Wingtip Boot – $144.95 ($169.95)
- Mercanti Fiorentini Medallion Toe Double Monk – $124.95 ($149.95)
- Aston Grey Tanner Double Monk – $89.95 ($99.95)
You need to be a member of their DSW rewards program (email list) to use it, but it’s one of the better rewards programs out there. When you sign up, you can also use the code SHIPR for free shipping on orders of $35 or more. So those Mercanti Wingtip boots (full review here) are now in a bit of a no man’s land. On the high end there’s the Dalton from AE, and on the low end there’s the spectacular-for-the-price “Deacon” from JC Penney. The Mercantis lean much closer to the Walnut shade of AE leather than the Deacon’s though, so if you’re going for that real light-brown look, then perhaps the DSW pair are for you. Meanwhile, the Aston Grey “Tanner” looks like a real solid buy for a smart-casual monk strap. Code OCTOBERFUN expires today, 10/9/14.
Just in case you’re near Red Wing MN: Red Wing Warehouse Sale
The Picks: Who knows what made in the USA footwear treasures can be found during this thing…
Hat tip to reader David S. for passing along the news that Red Wing is having their huge Warehouse Sale this weekend. Runs from today through Sunday. The catch? It’s in Red Wing Minnesota. ROAD TRIP TO THE 651!
Shown above in the regular fit straight #68 wash. Careful here if you’ve got some muscle on your legs. UNIQLO’s slim fit offerings can get real slim, real fast. Full run down on UNIQLO denim right over here.
BONUS J. Crew: 30% off Select full price, 40% off Sale Items w/ WEEKENDPLANS
- Ludlow Italian Flannel Blazer – $229.60 ($328)
- Ludlow Club Corduroy Blazer – $138 ($198)
- SLIM Lambswool V-Neck – $48.65 ($69.50)
- (Assuming they match) Ludlow Houndstooth Jacket & Slim Suit Pant – $269.98 FINAL ($700)
- Ludlow Japanese Cotton Microstripe Unconstructed Sportcoat – $71.99 FINAL ($188)
- Ticking Stripe Belt – $17.70 ($35)
FRIDAY UPDATE: Yep, they launched something new today (Friday) for the Columbus Day weekend. And it’s solid. 30% off select full priced styles. Exclusions apply (much of their shoes, 3rd party, suiting, etc…) but the net has been cast over more of their stock than usual. Sportcoats are in play. Including the terrific Italian Flannel and Club Corduroy. Nifty.
That is one fallish/wintery looking suit there. Nice ticket pocket on the jacket too. Final sale though, and be warned that their slim suit pants are real trim. Scattered sizes left at post time, but what is left is either common and/or tailor-able (i.e. suit pant length). That’s about as cheap as their microstripe sportcoat gets, and it’s real easy to wear with jeans. Might need some tailoring at the sides though. Last day for this SOSWEET code, so keep an eye out for something to launch tomorrow (Fri) for Columbus Day weekend.
Also worth a mention
- Club Monaco: 30% off sale items, 40% off clearance w/ FALLSALE
- EXPRESS: Take $25 off every $75 you spend with 1870. They’re also running 40% off sweaters and 30% off outerwear.
- Ralph Lauren: 25% off select items w/ COLUMBUS25
- Haberdash: FILSON50 = $50 off any Filson purchase of $250+, plus receive a free wool Filson tote with any Filson purchase.
- Boden: Their Mid-Season sale has launched, with up to 40% off (lots of 10% and 20% off though).
- Bonobos: 25% off sale items w/ FALLBACK25. Hat tip to Andrew in the comments.
- Billy Reid: 20% off Fall 2014 Collections w/ FF14
- Jack Spade: 25% off Sale items w/ FALL25. That drops their awfully smart Darrow Brief to $149.25. Final sale though.
From all of us here at Dappered, have a wonderful Columbus Day weekend everyone!