Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Extra Fine Merino V-Neck – $29.90 ($39.90)
- Extra Fine Merino Crew Neck – $29.90 ($39.90)
- Wool blend “Tweed” Slim Fit Blazer – $79.90 ($99.90)
- Wool Blend Navy Blazer – $79.90 ($99.90)
J. Crew Factory’s slim fit merino sweaters have some real competition. Size shown above is a medium on a 5’10” / 180 lb frame, and it fits awfully nice. On par with the J. Crew Factory slim sweaters. One thing to note though, the “extra fine” merino wool is thin. Real thin. Like, it’s a bit translucent. Some will like that flyweight material, others won’t. MEANWHILE… those new blazers. Especially in the navy windowpane. Holy sh*tsnacks. Button stance still looks awfully high. Wool blend blazer in navy looks to be just half lined perhaps?
- Stafford Cognac “Deacon” Wingtip Boot – $55.99 ($99)
- Stafford Black Cap-Toe “Gunner” Boot – $55.99 ($99)
- Stafford Camel Hair Sportcoat – $84.99 ($99)
- JF J. Ferrar Velvet Sportcoat – $59.49 (hey, the holidays are coming up…)
Yes SIRRRRRRR! The Camlin seems to have been resurrected, only now it’s called the Deacon. Might have a different sole on it as well. Got both of these on the way for an in-person, but word is they’re legitimate. Leather is back to being decent. Word is they might have fixed the sizing issues that happened with the Camlin? Maybe? Meanwhile, they’re also running a semi-annual men’s wardrobe sale, so a few of their suits and blazers are marked down quite nicely. There’s still some of their camelhair sportcoats left, and they fit surprisingly well off the rack.
UPDATE: Didn’t think these would go on major sale so quickly, or, at all. Seems like they haven’t been marking down their shoes to half off as of late. Many thanks to Milo in the comments who pointed out that these things got marked down to $65, and now with the code drop to almost half off.
- Wool Blend Herringbone Blazer – $76.60 ($118)
- Stripe Slub Thermal – $17.51 ($26.95)
- Lambswool Blend Turtleneck – $45.46 ($69.95)
This might be one of the better blazers GAP has made in a while. The tail isn’t chopped, the sleeve buttons are non-functioning (but there is some accent stitching around them), and the body is lined in a lightweight cotton chambray. It’s a little frumpy off the rack, and it leans heavily casual (can a wool blazer be… rumpled?) but it should do just fine this fall and winter. Size shown here is a Medium. 90% wool. The rest is nylon with a little spandex. Lots of exclusions with this code… jeans, cords, Gap x GQ, etc…
- Wool Blend Donnegal Elbow Patch Crew – $48.65 ($69.50)
- Thompson Unconstructed Sportcoat – $89.60 ($128)
Suiting is excluded. Dang. Well, even though it’s not up for the discount this time… anyone else have their eyeballs firmly glued to the new Thompson suit separates in navy flannel? Prices are good, but not great this time around. Seems like everything is pricing a few bucks (if not more) higher than last week’s sale + gilt city voucher double down.
Seems like these tiers are a bit more geared towards the less expensive purchases, so, might want to hold off on that blazer (or other more pricey stuff) for a bit. But $10 off $30, in store too, isn’t half bad. Nor is the $30 off $75 deal.
Many thanks to Greg S. on twitter for pointing out that Suitsupply has dropped the price on a couple of their Napolis (both were $469-$499 if memory serves) and those basics are now sitting at the lowest $399 price point. Still half canvas, still great fabrics. Just $399.
- Filson Medium Duffel – $243.74 ($325)
- Flannel Chinos – $67.12 ($89.50)
- Green/Navy/Purple striped ribbon belt – $21.60 ($48)
- Fitzgerald Fit Tic with Windowpane Sport Coat – $373.50 ($498)
Looks like it’s working on sale stuff too. One of the better deals of the year since it’s a blanket code, but still… it’s Brooks Brothers. Ouch-worthy prices, even with the sale. Here’s a case for their Fitzgerald fit. Filson gets the cut as well. The code, FF25, is good through Monday.
Also worth a mention
- J. Crew: Their 25% off select items sale w/ SHOPFORFALL is still running (picks here)
- Boden: 15% off new arrivals + free shipping and returns.
- Jack Spade: 20% off $175+ w/ TAKE20
- Cole Haan: $50 off $150 fall collection w/ THANKYOU
- LastCall: Extra 35% off one “regularly priced” item.
- Tretorn: They’re holding an online “tent” sale today. Sneakers starting at $25. Thanks to Ryan M. for the tip!