Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Wolverine 1,000 Mile Winchester – $199.96 ($330)
- Kenneth Cole Reaction ‘Send A Letter’ Wingtip – $79.96 ($148)
- Broken Homme’James’ Round Toe Boot – $179.40 ($299)
- Cole Haan ‘Howland’ Penny Loafer – $98.90 ($148)
- To Boot New York ‘Cary’ Chelsea Boot – $269.98 ($450)
- (they’re funky, but… ) Magnanni ‘Algora’ Medallion Toe Oxford – $249.90 ($395)
It’s a clearance event, so sizes are going to be a little more scattered than usual (even on the above picks). Those shin high Wolverine 1K Milers are actually made in China, but they got lots of support over here. (And a heads up, there are a few sizes still at DSW going for $180). Looks like they’ve been sitting at this price for a couple months now. Meanwhile, the Kenneth Cole’s are from the cheaper REACTION line, but they might make for some good, bad weather beaters. And Nordstrom carries Broken Homme? The same Made in the USA brand from the Eliminator? Had no idea. It’s Nordstrom, so free shipping & returns on everything.
- Sky mini grid non-iron slim fit – $39.50
- Royal twill grid check non-iron slim fit – $39.50
- Navy Gingham non-iron slim fit – $39.50
Big hat tip to reader Sky for sending in the heads up about this one. Charles Tyrwhitt runs these every once in a while, and when the prices drop to about $40, and shipping is free (usually $9.95), they really are a good deal (see the comments over here). Key is you have to go to: http://www.ctshirts.com/ER85 for the $39.50 & free shipping offer. Available in regular, slim (fits my frame just fine) or extra slim.
- Ludlow Italian Wool Charcoal Tux Jacket & Pant – $553 ($790)
- Ludlow Suit Jacket in Heathered Navy or Warm Charcoal – $455 ($650)
Check your inboxes. Not sure how/why someone goes about getting a single use code emailed to them, but select J. Crew customers got one a few days back. And speaking of select, it’s only good on select suits. Some basics like their Italian Flannels get the cut, And that Charcoal Tux. Damn. Might end up looking a little too trendy at a standard Black Tie event where everyone is in black rentals? UPDATE: They’re also doing a 25% off select styles promo, for everyone, with the code HEART214. Not a ton in there, but that does make their unconstructed micro-stripe sportcoat dip to $141. Code is good through tomorrow, 2/14.
- Made in the USA Oxford Blazer – $195.30 ($575)
- Grant Houndstooth Wool Blazer – $174.30 ($349)
- Grant Wool Blend Blazer – $174.30 ($349)
- Reversible Vest – $90.30 ($189)
That made in the USA oxford blazer looks pretty fantastic for the warmer months ahead. Blazers are lined in breathable Bemberg too. You can return sale items for original form of payment, but you just have to do it within 30 days. You are on the hook for $5 for the return label.
- Saks Fifth Ave. Leather Cap Toe Oxfords – $197.50 ($395)
- Walkover Suede Derby – $103.49 ($259)
- Saks Fifth Ave. Velvet Blazer + Saks Fifth Ave. Loro Piana Italian Wool Blazer = $279.99 TOTAL
- Saks Fifth Ave. Perforated Cap-Toe Lace-Ups – $137.50 ($279)
All of the above “Saks” stuff is from their in house “BLACK” line. Anyone have any experience with that stuff? Seems like there’s potential there. The shoes are made in Italy and the blazers are made here in the USA. Plus, they’re running a buy one get one free suit / sportcoat sale, so you get both blazers for the cost of the pricier wool option (the velvet is $199 on its own). Wool blazer’s description does say “regular” fit, so, it might not look so slim in person. No code necessary on this one. Shipping is $7.99 and returns are steep, with $9.50 getting deducted if you use the pre-paid shipping label.
The Pick: Chambray Placket Signature Polo – $23.94 ($39.90)
No code needed here, and the suede wingtips got the plug yesterday. Now might be the time to drop into a store and pick up a few of their signature chambray placket polos.
BONUS II JCP: 50% off (or more?) Suits & Sportcoats + extra 15% off w/ THANKS15
But you might want to check in store, since a lot of brick & mortars are blowing out (with a level of not often seen ferocity) the Wooster / Ron Johnson stuff. That’s not the lowest the Claiborne suit has gone for in the past, but it’s in that ballpark. Full review over here.
Also worth a mention
- Rue La La: The Flash Sale site has a big shoe event going on right now.
- Johnston & Murphy: Free Shipping on orders $50+ w/ PRESDAY
- LastCall: Extra 35% off sitewide. Try the code FRSHIP for free shipping no minimum.
- Macys: Extra 20% off select items w/ PRES
- Florsheim: 20% off new arrivals w/ NEWSPRING14
- Shoes.com: Extra 25% off Sale Styles w/ PRESIDENT. Drops the J&M Tyndall Chelsea to $118.13, and the Larsey Zip to $101.25.
- L.L. Bean / L.L. Bean Signature: 10% off your entire order w/ WINTER10. Yet some customers might get 20% off (seems like a select customers sale, if you’re on their email list, you might have gotten a click-through message)