Show your work on Dappered: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a thanks to the vast majority of you who choose to not use extensions like adblock on Dappered, we’re going to start devoting 5-10% of our total ad space to showing art instead of ads.
Ads pay for things. And when things get paid for, websites stay free. And while Dappered has very limited ad space (on purpose, nobody likes a cluttered can’t-find-the-content website), keeping the site as good looking as possible is what we’re aiming for.
And showing art in our ad space every once in awhile? Can’t hurt.
So here’s what we’re looking for:
- Artists with works that “Fit” Dappered’s overall style.
- No, this doesn’t mean the subject of the piece has to be clothing related. Just something that might appeal to those of us in the Republic of Dapperedistan.
- Bacon, for example, works. So would the world’s largest piece of driftwood.
- Works that can be scaled and/or cropped to 300×250 pixels (the standard box ad space on the right rail)
- Some patience. We’re a small outfit, so, we’ll get to as many as we can.
In exchange for letting us run works of art on our site, we’ll provide a click-through that goes to the artist’s website, facebook page, twitter feed… whatever. We’ll just need to get that from the artists if their work is approved.
So if you’re an artist, or know one that’s got a piece or two that would fit well on Dappered, send us an email to email@example.com. Also, be sure to check out the terms and conditions for submission.
Need some guidelines when it comes to image quality for the work of art? Click here for the pdf guide.