Art as Ads is an initiative by Dappered.com to give artists free exposure, and give Dappered users a break from, well, all those ads. For a detailed explanation of Art as Ads, plus an idea of what kind of art we’re looking for, click here. If you’re an artist that wants to submit art to possibly show on Dappered.com, please read the following.
By submitting art for consideration for Art as Ads, the submitting party agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. Dappered LLC (Dappered.com) agrees to display approved artwork submitted by the Artist or Artists Contracted Representation, which will link to URL provided by artist to artist’s work, for a 30 day consecutive period at no cost to the Artist. The art will undergo an approval process through a designated Dappered representative. If approved, the art will be showcased in a 300 x 250 display advertisement space on Dappered.com. Display fill rate is at the discretion of Dappered.com. Between all Artists featured, total Art As Ads display ad fill rate will range between 5-10% in any 30 day period. An artist bio will also be featured in a post during the 30 day period the art is to run.
2. Dappered LLC will only accept digital representation of original art. Copies or forgeries of existing art are strictly prohibited.
3. Dappered LLC reserves the right to refuse any art submitted for any reason, and shall not be held responsible for disclosing why art was rejected. Dappered LLC will not accept art of a pornographic nature, nor will it accept art that may be considered inappropriate in the judgment of Dappered LLC. Dappered LLC reserves the right to define “inappropriate” in this context. If any inappropriate context is discovered after approved art has been published on Dappered.com, Dappered LLC reserves the right to immediately stop running the offending art/artist.
4. Dappered LLC reserves to right to stop running any submitted art work for any reason at any time. If Artist and/or Artist’s Representation needs the submitted art to to stop running, 48 hours notice is required.
5. Artist and/or Artist’s Representation is solely responsible for any legal liability arising out of or relating to (1) the art itself, and/or (2) any material to which users are directed to via link provide by artist. Artist and/or Artist’s Representation warrants that it holds the necessary rights to the submitted Art and Link, if applicable, and that the use, reproduction, distribution, or transmission of the Art will not violate any criminal laws or any rights of any third parties, including, but not limited to, such violations as infringement or misappropriation of any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, music, image, or other proprietary or property right, false advertising, unfair competition, defamation, invasion of privacy or rights of celebrity, violation of any anti-discrimination law or regulation, or any other right of any person or entity.
6. Artist and/or Artist’s Representation agrees to indemnify Dappered LLC (Dappered.com) and to hold Dappered LLC and its assigns harmless from any and all liability, loss, damages, claims, or causes of action, including reasonable legal fees and expenses that may be incurred by Dappered LLC, arising out of or related to Artist’s breach of any of the foregoing representations and warranties.
For a pdf guide on photographing your art, click here.