Express Stripe Stretch Wool Suit Jacket & Matching Pant – $135.98 ($346)
Part of the Express End of Season Sale. Orders over $125 ship free through Wednesday 6/13. Additional 20% off comes before checkout. No code needed.
Sometimes, some guys, just need a really inexpensive suit that they can get tailored, wear the hell out of on occasion, and not feel too bad about if someone dumps a glass of red wine on them at a wedding. This candidate has a lot of potential to fill that need. Now, they did not have the pinstriped version of this “Producer” suit in store, but they did have a glen plaid. Here’s how that one looked:
Size Shown: 38R. You’re going to want to size down if you’re in between sizes. Their “Producer” suiting line runs a little more generous. Still far from traditional and boxy, but not as slim as their “Photographer” line either.
- The wool “Blend” is a 94% wool / 6% spandex. So the vast majority of it wool.
- The fabric is good. Nothing to write home about, but not awful by any stretch either.
- Fit is decently trim. Size down though if you’re in between.
- Button stance is a Ludlow-like lower slung, but it’s not too low either.
- Drop in the jacket tail seems standard, not chopped (pic above taken from a slightly downward angle)
- Arm holes aren’t super low. Not super high either.
- Shoulder pads could be thinner. But they’re not awful either.
- Lapels are slim, but not razor thin.
- Non functioning buttons at the cuffs, side vents in the rear. Pants fit well without being too tight.
Again, they didn’t have the exact suit in store for an in-person look, but for $136 and free shipping, it’s hard to ask for more. Plenty of regular sizes (38, 40, 42, 44) left at post time (UPDATE: Sizes are going real fast). Returns free in store. You are on the hook to ship it back to Express if that’s your only option. $6.99 for U.S. customers.