No one should put too much stock in the opinions of others, especially when it comes to their take on your own personal style. Make yourself feel your best and at ease, and then looking respectful in the eyes of your peers will naturally follow. But sometimes you hear a comment and a red flag goes up. Often you’re glad it was said so you can rectify an issue. Other times it would have been best if they just would’ve kept it to themselves.
Originally published 6/20/11 Above Photo Credit
1. You look tired.
2. Can you breathe in that thing?
3. How was the camping trip? (When in fact, you didn’t go camping)
4. Uh oh. Looks like someone has a job interview today.
5. Come here, I need to fix your collar.
6. You’re lookin’ a little shaggy.
7. My Grandpa has one just like that! (This can be good, if Grandpa is a snappy dresser)
8. Looks like you spilled something right… there…
9. Why are you dressed up ALL the time??
10. Hey look! You guys totally match! (When you and your S.O. leave the house in the same color scheme)
11. Rough night last night?
12. Why aren’t you smiling?!? (Personal Pet Peeve. Who walks around with a dumb grin on their face?)
13. Ted Nugent called. He wants your shirt back.
14. Did you shave in the dark?
15. I didn’t know they even made those anymore.
16. Get a haircut? (Unless it’s a major change, you want it cut often enough that only you can tell)
17. You look warm. You must be warm. Are you warm?
18. What color do you think it is? (Sometimes heard by those of us with some color blindness)
19. Oh! It looks good on you though!
20. Goin’ for that Russel Brand look huh?
Your feedback and/or additions are welcome in the comments section below…