GAP Solid Pima Polo & Striped Pima Polo – $20.00 ($29.50)
Use code GAP20 for the extra 20% off. Code expires 2/11
A certain fondness for the non-logo, stretch, Express Signature polo has been well documented on this website. But the GAP might have something here, and at the very least it’s a strong contender to the Express Signature’s top spot as the #1 polo. Here are the pros and cons:
- Slim, athletic fit, despite not admitting to this on gap.com
- Perfect sleeve length. Hits just above mid bicep
- Good collar
- Nice button placement on the placket
- When on sale, half the price of an Express signature
- The somewhat shiny buttons
- Unnecessary chest pocket on the solids won’t please some
- Has some natural stretch, but not quite like the Express Signature
The GAP polos are 100% pima cotton, so unlike the Express Signature which has a bit of spandex woven in, these depend on the natural stretch of the fiber to move with your body. And they do, just not to the extent that the Express signature polo does. The buttons don’t have quite as much shine as they appear to in the pic up there^, (blame that on the fitting room lighting). They blend in, just not totally.
But aside from a few drawbacks, these things are terrific. Unless Express starts running sales on their Signature Polos once it gets warmer, many of us might make the switch to these instead.
Which would you choose? The costly Express? Or the cheaper GAP? Leave your vote below.