Cole Haan Air Garrett Wingtip Oxford – $129.90 (reg. $195)
Click here for the previous candidate, the Rockport Hillandale.
A sleek silhouette and not too clunky in the toe. That’s all that it takes to qualify for this ongoing search for the perfect modern wingtip. And since this is an affordable men’s style website, price has to be taken into consideration as well.
The next shoe to come up in the search is the dressed up Air Garrett from Cole Haan. It was a good year for Cole Haan, with the Presidential attention and all… here’s the breakdown of the Air Garrett’s first glance impression:
- Closed lacing
- All-over perforations and jagged/pinked edges aren’t too obnoxious
- Rounded but not stubby toe
- Mahagony color looks excellent
- Nike Air in the heel
- On sale for 33% off
- Partial, not all leather sole
- Since sold by Nike, maybe a high markup?
- Expensive at $130
- Could be a little more streamlined?
- Leather on black pair looks somewhat dull (could just be the pic)
The mahogany pair look outstanding. But there’s just something about the black pair that doesn’t look as impressive. Maybe it’s the photograph, but the finish isn’t as appealing as the mahogany. When it comes to these with full-blown perforations and the accompanying traditional edges, I think the brown pair is the better bet. Almost all sizes available. Discount only available through Nordstrom.