The GQ Fall 2010 Trend Report – 21 Fall Trends from GQ.com
Above pics (obviously) from GQ.com
Like an after Uncle Sal badlands trip photo spectacular, this slide-show does… not… seem… to… end. But unlike Uncle Sal’s snapshots (hey look, more sagebrush) you’ll actually want to peruse through every last one of these. Assembled by GQ Creative Director Jim Moore, it’s full of ideas for what to look for and maybe add to your wardrobe this season. Some are good, some are weird. But that’s usually how it works with trends.
Click on over to GQ below, have fun ticking through the 200 slides, then when you’re finished come back over here for yays and nays, plus to leave your reaction in the comments section below.
The GQ 21 Fall Trends w/ The Official Dappered.com Take
1. The Three Piece Suit – YES. But don’t expect to blend in by any stretch. Use sparingly. Think more James Bond, and less Herbert Hoover.
2. The Biker Jacket – YES. Tough if you don’t have a bike. Still cool.
3. The Lightweight Turtleneck – NO. Kinda 70s porn starish.
4. The Big Chunky Turtleneck – NO. Very 70s porn starish.
5. The Plaid Tie – YES.
6. The Odd Vest – YES. You gotta be super slim though.
7. The Blue Collar Plaid Shirt – YES. This is a trend? I thought this is what you rake leaves in.
8. The Military Watch – YES. Try these.
9. The Tux Jacket Solo – NO. “At this point, every guy should have a tuxedo.” Every guy? File that one under: It’d be nice to have if there’s a need and you’ve got $300 to $1000 lying around. A nice black cotton blazer should do just fine.
10. Dark Khakis – YES. Grey or deep olive.
11. Laceup Boots – YES. These or these should do.
12. The Toggle Coat – NO. Eh, buttons are more grown up.
13. Camel (the color) – NO. The ladies seem to like it. But I just… can’t.
14. Tweed (the fabric) – YES. Awesome.
15. The Chunky Scarf – YES. But never indoors.
16. Designer Sweats – NO. This is up there with pre-paint splattered shirts.
17. The Shadow Plaid Suit – YES. Will be tough to find. Here’s two substitutes.
18. The Double Breasted Coat – YES. Try this one, this one, or this one.
19. The Graphic Knit Sweater – NO. Unless you’re suiting up for 4th grade.
20. The Modern Peacoat – YES.
21. The Blacked Out Watch – YES. As long as you can read it.
Your turn. Best and worst trend of fall 2010? Leave it all in the comments section right down there..