What the heck is “Green Monday?” It’s kinda like Cyber Monday, only in December. And don’t roll your eyes. It actually kind makes a bit of sense. I think.
Green Monday is defined by the time period in which it falls. It’s the last Monday with at least 10 days prior to Christmas, and therefor, a busy day for online retail. Basically, it’s “go time” for gift giving. There’s enough time for standard shipping to get the goods to you, but the clock is ticking. And all those factors add up to make what usually becomes the biggest spending day on the December calendar. Thus, competition for your wallet is high today, and various brands are running deals. The best of the best is found below.
Cheap? No. But it hardly gets more versatile than a slim soled chukka. And the Dundee 2.0 from Allen Edmonds combines high quality materials, USA made construction, and a goodyear welt to make one hell of a boot. Wear em’ with jeans and a sweater. Or dress them up with cords and a sportcoat.
- Sutton Flannel Lined Chino – $35.70
- Thompson Blazer in Hickory Donegal Wool – $96.90
- Donegal Wool Blend Striped Crew – $37.82
- Sutton Fit Cords – $29.32
- Thompson Fit Navy Tweed Wool Blend Sportcoat – $96.90
- Moleskin Blazer – $84.15
Not bad. Half off the “valued at” price and then an additional 15% off with the code, PLUS free shipping no minimum. And just in time for this green Monday thing, their excellent moleskin blazer is back in stock in a few regular sizes. Full review of that thing can be found here.
- BR Rib Merino Cardigan – $59.10 ($98.50)
- BR Alexander Chukka Boot – $88.80 ($148)
- BR Heritage Waffle Knit Beanie – $23.70 ($39.50)
- BR Standard Fit Grey Glen Plaid Sport Coat – $150 ($250)
- BR Slim Light Grey Sport Coat – $150 ($250)
- GAP 1969 Cords in Slim or Straight Fit – $29.99 ($64.95)
- GAP 50% Merino / 50% Nylon “Crazy Stripe” Crew – $41.97 ($69.95)
AND… if you’re a card member, you can get an extra 10% off BR stuff by stacking the code BRC10 at checkout. Exclusions? You bet. It’s the usual. “Everyday steals/Hot Deals” at Old Navy. GAP leather accessories and the GQ stuff. Banana Republic is excluding “PICKS” but not many items have that distinction right now.
- Marled Lambswool Shawl Collar Cardigan – $88.80 ($148)
- Dock Peacoat w/ Thinsulate – $178.80 ($298)
- Cotton Textured Shawl Collar Cardigan – $47.99 ($98)
- Quilted Sporting Jacket – $199.99 ($268)
- Sussex Quilted Jacket in Cotton Twill – $89.99 ($198)
- Lambswool Colorblock Crew – $35.99 ($79.50)
- Cotton/Wool Elbow Patch Shirt – $58.80 ($98)
Free shipping no minimum on all orders through today as well. Plenty of mid to heavier weight layers for the cold we’re now getting smashed with and will also suffer in the months ahead. Just be careful with the extra 50% off stuff in the sale section. That stuff is final sale, so, no returns there.
The Pick: Bespoke Post exclusive Armogan Le Mans Panda Chronograph – $199 ($220)
Not the biggest discount, but pretty sure this is the first time the exclusive to Bespoke Post, black sub-dial Le Mans chrono has gone on sale. UPDATE: Meanwhile, according to reader Noah, if you’re an Amex cardmember, you might be able to knock another $15 off at Bespoke post. According to him it wasn’t in an email. You’ll have to check your cardholder deals.
- Belstaff Trailmaster Jacket – $532 ($950)
- Techne Merlin 245 watch – $71.05 ($145)
- Jack Spade Anchor Embossed Card Case – $33.88 ($88)
- Billy Reid made in Italy Indianola Suede Chukkas – $165.90 ($395)
- Frye Weston Chukkas in Light Brown, Dark Brown, or Suede – $158.76 ($378)
- To Boot New York “Lucas” Double Monk – $142.20 ($395)
An offer that’ll go live to the public on their site tomorrow… but today? You get a head start. Extra 30% off sale items with the code, plus everything ships fast and free thanks to it being all fulfilled by the Amazon machine.
- Wool Blend Coach’s Jacket – $24.49 ($79.99)
- Premium Quality Suede Desert Boots – $48.99 ($99)
- Suede Cap Toe Lace Up Boots – $48.99 ($119)
- 100% Cashmere Textured Stitch Crew – $48.99 ($99)
- Italian Wool Textured Blazer – $48.99 ($129)
- Quilted Jacket – $27.99 ($79.99)
- Wool Blend Twill Double Breasted Trench – $69.30 ($149)
Now remember, it’s just one item that you can use this code on, and it has to be in the sale section. But still. Can’t recall H&M doing a specific, extra % off sale items code in the recent past. And 30% is pretty hefty for them.
- Deconstructed & Unlined Wool Blend Sportcoat – $139.30 ($399)
- Washed Leather Gloves – $69.30 ($129.50)
- Chambray Sportcoat – $139.30 ($379)
That deconstructed wool blend sportcoat has serious potential. Peak lapels that aren’t too wide, patch pockets, and a wool blend should make for a terrific, yet not boring, year round sportcoat. Meanwhile, the free shipping code HOLIDAY runs clear through 12/21.
The peacoat is noticeably better than previous incarnations, and the addition of the topcoat is more than welcome. The wool blends this year are much, much more flexible than what they’ve used in years past on the peacoat. According to the tags those blends are, for the peacoat, 63% wool, 29% poly, 8% “other,” and for the topcoat it’s an almost identical 64% wool, 29% poly, 7% “other.” Fits are more of a straight fit but not enormous on most frames (sizes are both medium above). And each comes with a bit of insulation inside the framework. Tough to beat for the price if you’re on a serious budget.
- Unconstructed Italian Wool Blazer – $280 ($400) multiple colors
- Jetsetter Blazer – $280 ($400)
- Oak Street Lakeshore Boot – $381.50 limited sizes ($545)
- Two Pairs of Moleskin 5-pockets – $207.20 / $103.60 per ($296 / $148 per)
They’ve smartly extended this offer one more day, through today, to take advantage of the Green Monday push. Sure, thresholds are pretty steep. But those unconstructed, Italian wool sportcoats, are flat out amazing. Non-functioning sleeve buttons make for easy tailoring too. Here’s how a 40R in their standard fit fits a frame of 5’10” / 185.