Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Chunky Waffle Stitch Lambswool Zip & Button Mock Neck Cardigan – $138.60 ($228)
- Butterfly Lined Jetsetter Blazer in Italian Wool – $243.60 ($400)
- Made in the USA French Corders in Forest or Mahogany – $75.60 ($128)
- SLIM Lightweight Italian Wool Cardigan – $68.60 ($118)
- SLIM Lambswool Cable Crew – $82.60 ($138)
Sizes are very scattered in their sale section right now. Lots of extreme sizes left on pants and shirts. But there are a few slim-fit sweaters that have decent sizes left, getting this cut. It’s Bonobos, so, even on sale AND with the extra discount, be prepared to spend a bit.
- Hamilton Khaki King 40mm – $329.00
- Hamilton Viewmatic Blue Hands 37mm – $435.00
- Hamilton Viewmatic Silver Hands 40mm – $435.00
- Hamilton Khaki Officers 44.5 mm – $495
- Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro Chrono 45mm Black on Black – $975
- Hamilton Khaki King Scuba 41mm – $425
A note to the purists out there, who want a factory warranty with their spendy wristwatches. Totally understandable. Yet, more than a few of us have had solid experiences with Jomashop, and their savings. They’re not gonna be an “authorized” dealer, so prices will be much less expensive, but you do sacrifice some of that peace of mind. Prices on the above Hamiltons are pretty good. Not amazing, but with this doorbuster event, there is some noticeable (say, $30 – $50 on some models) savings over lesser known non authorized dealers.
- Cotton Textured Shawl Collar Cardigan – $47.99 ($98)
- Cotton Textured Crew – $35.99 ($75)
- Slim Secret Wash Button Down in Blue Stripe – $29.99 ($69.50)
- Lightweight Wool-Silk Dotted Scarf – $29.99 ($65)
- Ludlow Summerweight Sportcoat in Black/White Stripe – $77.99 ($168)
- Quilted Primaloft Coach’s Jacket – $77.99 ($148)
- Sporting Quilted Jacket – $148.80 ($268)
- Ludlow Fit Italian Flannel Suit Jacket & Pant – $455 ($650) mutliple colors
Textured cotton sweaters. Quilted jackets. Basic button downs. AND… it’s terribly out of season, but hear me out on the summerweight sportcoat in black/white stripe. Those things are spectacular. Cotton/Linen fabric. Easy to tailor, non functioning sleeve buttons. Super unconstructed with a totally unlined back. And good luck finding a better spring/summer sportcoat for the price they’re going at now. Sure, you probably won’t be able to wear it for a while (depending on your location). But you might even be able to get away with it over, say, a white OCBD, green v-neck sweater, and jeans on a sunnier/unexpectedly warm day this winter. UPDATE: Looks like they’ve bumped this up to 40% off overnight and changed the code to MERRYSALE. Prices have been updated above to reflect those new savings. The flannel suits are still stuck at 30% off though.
Timex has been on such a roll lately with their Red Wing, Todd Synder, and Waterbury (as a line) collections, that it absolutely seems necessary to mention that a new design has just hit Mr. Porter. But… how much? $150? For a dead simple Timex? Sure they look quite nice, but more than a few of us are gonna give that price point the side eye. (Photo Credit)
This is something to keep an eye on through the weekend. Why? Because if the past few years has been any indication, at some point they’ll drop 40% off shoes & accessories. And that usually includes their Allen Edmonds made shoes, as well as Filson and some other 3rd party goods. The first day was kinda a dud. 40% off suits and sportcoats, but there weren’t any friggin’ sizes left. Like, just the absolute extremes. Twas a mirage. And today is women’s/kids stuff. So, not really applicable here. BUT… keep an eye on the Brooks Brothers site (or, this site) over the next few days. If you’re a fan of Brooks Brothers, these next few days are quite possibly, and very quietly, the best discounts on full priced goods of the year.