Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
HAPPY COLUMBO DAY WEEKEND!
Wait. That’s not what’s on Monday? Oh. Okay. Well, on with the handful anyway.
- Merino Wool Knit Peak Lapel Blazer – $149.40 ($498)
- Fitzgerald Fit Plaid Sportcoat – $261.45 ($498)
- Made in Italy Single Monk Strap – $201.60 ($448)
- Supima® Cotton Stripe Cardigan – $44.25 ($118)
- Fitzgerald Fit Washed Lambswool Blue or Olive Sportcoat – $235.20 ($458)
- Supima Cotton Stripe Shawl Collar Sweater – $63.00 ($168)
- Made in Italy Grey Suede Lace-Ups – $149.25 ($398)
An extra 25% off sitewide (with a few exclusions here and there) means… let’s hit the sale section. That’s where some real alfalfa can be created. That Merino wool knit peak lapel blazer has been kicking around since last year, but all sizes appear to be available at post time, and the unlined/unconstructed body might be just the thing for a casual blazer in colder weather climates.
- Moleskin Blazer – $99.00
- Sutton Fit Flannel Lined Chinos – $42.00
- Wool Blend Topcoat (multiple colors) w/ Thinsulate – $149.00
- SLIM OCBD – $24.95
- SLIM Plaid Oxford – $24.95
So what’s moleskin? Moleskin is a cotton fabric that’s softer than chino, and has a bit of a buzz-cut style “plush” to it. So, think of a mole (the animal, not the spot on your skin). Think of its peach fuzz like skin. There you go. That’s why it’s called that. Like velvet’s matte, tougher/less fancy-pants cousin.
- Waxwear Commuter Briefcase – $149.25 FINAL ($398)
- Dipped Leather Credit Card Holder – $29.25 ($78)
- Anchor Credit Card Holder – $33 ($88)
Not a monster of a discount, but their sale section is already pretty heavily marked down. And $150 for one of their waxwear briefcases is a pretty solid deal. Should have more structure/more storage options than the oft mentioned, Italian Leather option from BR. Just be warned that the Jack Spade case is final sale.
- Wool Blend Unlined Peak Lapel Sportcoat – $119.40 ($398)
- Hand Knit Italian Cashmere Cable Knit Cap – $89.40 ($179.50)
Truth be told, the Club Monaco sale section is picked over pretty good right now. But those unlined, wool blend sportcoats might be the steal of the weekend. In navy or grey. Lots of sizes at post time. Patch pockets and an easy looking construction.
- Ludlow Peak or Notch Lapel Topcoat in Wool/Cashmere – $315 ($450)
- Goodyear Welted Plain Toe Bluchers – $143.99 ($298)
- Textured Shawl Collar Cardigan – $68.60 ($98)
- Made in the USA Suede Belt – $38.50 ($55)
- Sussex Jacket in Moss, Navy, or Charcoal – $138.60 ($198)
- Made in the USA 770 Garment Dye Jean – $87.50 ($125)
- Ludlow fit Italian Cotton Sportcoat in Loden – $89.99 ($228)
J. Crew is billing the 30% off as covering “more items than you can count.” Yet I count, wait for it, zero regular price sportcoats getting that 30% off cut this time around. SAD TROMBONE. Ah well, maybe next promo. But there is quite a bit that’s getting that 30% off, plus an extra 40% off sale items isn’t half bad either.
- Dalton Wingtip Boots – $329 ($445)
- McAllister Wingtip Oxfords – $245 ($395)
- Fifth Ave. Oxfords – $245 ($395)
- Mora 2.0 Double Monks – $279 ($395)
- Cornwallis Oxfords – $279 ($395)
Doesn’t start until tomorrow (Friday 10/7)… BUT… when one can save between $100 – $150 on select models? Then that’s absolutely worth a quick heads up the day before. And speaking of heads up (shiftily looks from side to side)… if you like what you see above ^ … then come back on Monday. UPDATE: Looks like these prices are quietly active, now, a day early. Part of the “sneak peek” thing they do with some of their sales. Thanks to Mike K. for the tip!
Looks like all of their regular Standard Issue Instrument Watches are $149.98 right now (who knows for how long?) Usually these hover around $199 – $225ish. Full review of one of the models can be found here.
Also worth a mention:
- Banana Republic: Take an extra 50% off sale items.
- Todd Snyder: 30% off w/ FALLAT30OFF. Picks here in case you missed them.
- Spier & Mackay: Two Suits for $798 CAD (norm. $896 CAD)
- GAP: 35% off w/ WANT
- DSW: $10 off $49, $20 off $99, $40 off $199 w/ FALLSAVINGS
- UNIQLO: $8 off $88 w/ LUCKY
- LL Bean: 20% off when you spend $50+ w/ SAVE20