Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Blue Hopsack Super 120s Wool Sportcoat in Slim or Contemporary Fit – $225ish ($268ish USD)
- Grey Herringbone Wool/Cashmere Sportcoat in Slim or Contemporary Fit – $250ish ($297ish USD)
- Blue Watch Check Super 110s Wool Sportcoat in Slim or Contemporary Fit – $225ish ($268ish USD)
16 percent… ish. It’s somewhere between 16 and 17 percent. That’s what happens when you start doing the conversions from Canadian dollars to US and then knock off the discount. Still, pretty nice. On the heels of their Suit sale, they’ve now moved a discount code over to their sportcoats. Regular wools are going for about $225 USD now, with Wool/Cashmere blends going for $250. And remember, your first suit or sportcoat purchase returns for free, if you need to send it back. Code COVERUP expires Sunday 10/30.
- Slim Camel Wool Blend Sportcoat – $150 ($250)
- Slim Grey Japanese Denim Traveler Jean – $71 ($118)
- Slim Rinse Japanese Denim Traveler Jean – $71 ($118)
- Wool Blend Topcoat in Camel or Navy – $210 ($350)
- Slim Grey Cotton Herringbone Sportcoat – $138 ($230)
- Wool Windowpane Sportcoat in Slim or Standard – $150 ($250)
Banana Republic’s sale and promo machine continues to be in overdrive. Traveler jeans used to NEVER go on sale. Now? They’ve been in the $70s and $80s for what seems like a couple of weeks, off and on. Same goes for sportcoats. Those used to always be excluded. Not as of late. The extra 10% off for cardmembers with the code BRTHANKS makes this stuff even more tempting too.
The Obvious Pick: Allen Edmonds Walnut Strands – $250 ($395)
Highly specific, but a pretty solid price for a classic Allen Edmonds design in one of their most eye grabbing shades. Big thanks to Asad A. for sending in the tip. Also know that sometimes the Amazon bots/algorithms can monkey with the pricing on an item if it starts to move off the shelves quickly. So, who knows how long this price will last.
- Red Wing Beckman Boot (2nds Quality) in Cigar – $199
- Red Wing Beckman Boot (2nds Quality) in Black Cherry – $199
STP (no, not that one) fell off the radar for a bit there. But these classic, Made in the USA Beckmans have plenty of sizes left (at post time) and are just in time for fall. BIG IMPORTANT NOTE: You can knock an extra 20% off that $199 price if you sign up for DealFlyer emails. I know a ton of you guys are (understandably) protective of your email address(es) though. The extra 20% off drops them down to $159.20. Took about 10-20 min. for me to get my email with the code. 2nds quality though, so, might have some imperfections you might not be happy with. You’re on the hook for a $6.95 returns label fee if you send em’ back for a refund. That’s $10.95 if you’re in Hawaii or Alaska. UPDATE: Getting reports that the 20% off won’t work on the Redwings? That stinks.
The Obligatory Pick: Ludlow Fit Shawl Collar Velvet Blazer – $298
No sale on the velvet blazers yet (fingers crossed) but their return is certainly worth a mention. Ludlow fit, shawl collar… takes some style onions to pull off… but if you’ve got em’? Then good for you. The holidays are not that far off. Meanwhile, they’re doing 30% off a selection of outerwear + 30% off their sale section with SALETREAT. Pretty standard stuff there.
Also worth a mention:
- Gilt: They’re running a Persol event. Still spendy for sunglasses, but low $100s for Persol isn’t half bad if you’re a fan of the brand.
- JC Penney: $10 off $25 w/ HURRY39. Or, 25% off or 30% off $100+ w/ BIGSALE
- Club Monaco: They sent out an email blast saying they’ve got some new stock in their sale section (their Bonded Mac has potential). Might want to sit tight for an extra 30% (or so) off sale code?
- UNIQLO: Their Anniversary Sale Promotions are still live… despite saying they should have ended yesterday? Cashmere is $20 off. Extra fine merino is $10 off.