Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- 90% Wool / 10% Cashmere Herringbone Topcoat – $270 ($450)
- Wool Blend Topcoat in Camel or Navy – $210 ($350)
- Brown or Black Grain Chukkas – $88.80 ($148)
- “Matthew” Cap Toe Boots – $94.80 ($158)
- Italian Wool Crewneck Sweater – $53.70 ($89.50)
- Slim Camel Wool Sportcoat – $150 ($250) (here’s how a 40R looks on 5’10” / 185)
- BR Slim Rinse Japanese Denim Traveler Jean – $70.80 ($118)
- BR Louis Chelsea Boot – $106.80 ($178) (full review here)
Banana Republic has been all kinds of hot fire* as of late with their codes and promos. BR Picks are excluded, but as has been the case lately, there aren’t nearly as many items carrying that tag as before. Meanwhile, if you’re a cardmember, you might be able to knock an extra 10% off with the code BRTHANKS at checkout. FWIW, I was getting an error message at post time? Seems like there’s a conflict between the 40% off no code deal and the extra 10% off cardmembers deal? Maybe? Lots of stuff getting these cuts. Lots. If you’ve had your eye on something at BR, now’s the time to give it a look and see if it’s up for the code. (*Do the kids still say that? No? Fiddlesticks.)
- Wolverine 1k Mile Adrian Cap Toe Boot – $277.90 ($415)
- Skagen Krus’ Leather Briefcase – $217.75 ($325)
- Red Wing 6 Inch Moc Toe Boot – $179.90 ($270)
- Fossil Drifter 44mm Chrono – $80.90 ($135)
- To Boot New York Brentwood Wingtip Boot – $239.90 ($395)
- Clarks Originals Desert Mali Boot – $119.90 ($150)
- To Boot New York Varden Single Monk – $259.90 ($375)
It’s certainly not a formal sale-event, and there’s nowhere near the amount of stock that a half-yearly would have. But still, seems like there’s some lingering items from the Anniversary Sale (like those Wolverines) now back to a more palatable price. Free shipping and free returns as always of course.
- Preston Grand Cap Toe Oxford in British Tan, Dark Brown, or Black – $195.97 ($350)
- Preston Grand Wholecut Oxford in Brown, British Tan, or Black – $195.97 ($350)
Cole Haan probably isn’t at the top of the list of many a guy visiting this tiny corner of the web. But, they do make a few good looking pairs of shoes and accessories here and there. The key is to either wait for a sale, a nice sized code, or both. Both Preston shoe picks above are already on sale, and the extra 30% off sitewide (with a couple of exclusions I guess) gets them down under $200.
- Cotton Mariner Cable Cardigan – $96 ($128)
- Slim Secret Wash Shirt in Heather Poplin Plaid – $48.37 ($64.50)
- Made in the USA Jean in 770 Fit – $93.75 ($125)
- Ludlow Blazer in Italian Cotton – $104.99 ($228)
- Lightweight Cotton Crew in Nautical Stripe – $23.99 ($59.50)
- Kenton Suede Wingtips – $118.99 ($218)
Yet another handful, another “select items” + extra % off the sale section deal from J. Crew. A few new items have made it into the 25% off select items section, and there’s some good, solid, wear-now-stuff in the sale section too. Not sure about the Italian Cotton Sportcoat in dark loden? It’s a year round sportcoat that’s just as easy to wear (if not more so) than the new JCF moleskin number. And stay tuned for a “how to wear it” on that moleskin jacket, coming up on Monday.
Goodyear welted. Horween Leather. Made in the USA. You just gotta wait, since this is Gustin we’re talking about. That noticeable grain might make them look a little more casual than say, the Allen Edmonds Liverpool. But plenty are gonna love that extra texture. If they would have made these in CXL #8? That rich burgundy? I, personally, woulda been on these like stink on a pig. Also note that they recommend sizing down a FULL size. That can be a bit scary, especially since returns aren’t guaranteed. Are they suggesting that since most guys probably wear their shoes too big, then cinch down with laces, and chelseas obviously don’t have that option, sizing should go down? Who knows. But still, kinda concerning. MEANWHILE: The dudes/chaps/gents/home-slices over on threads are discussing this release. Get in on the action if you’d like.