Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Wolverine 1,000 Mile Original Lace-Up – $159.95 ($199.95)
- Aston Grey Payton Wingtip Boot – $89.95 ($109.95)
- Aston Grey Uptown Chukka – $79.95 ($99.95)
- Mercanti Fiorentini Brogue Oxford – $119.95 ($139.95)
- Mercanti Fiorentini Wingtip Oxford – $139.95 ($159.95)
- Mercanti Fiorentini Brogue Cap Toe Oxford – $119.95 ($139.95)
Pretty sure you have to sign up for, then sign into, their rewards program to use the FALL2016 code, but, it’s nothing more than an email list and they really don’t bombard your inbox or anything. Yes, those wingtip boots are suspiciously inexpensive, but Aston Grey (a DSW House Brand) has put out some really impressive shoes, for cheap, in the past. Might be worth taking a shot at em’ if you want the AE Dalton look, but don’t have AE Dalton cash. Meanwhile, the Mercanti Fiorentini line? Made in Italy. Almost certainly has cemented construction, but the leathers aren’t half bad.
- Double Breasted Wool Blend Coat – $99
- Wool Blend Flannel Blazer – $49.99
- Color Block Ribbed Sweater – $19.99
- Premium Quality Suede Chelsea Boots – $99.00
No discounts here, yet, but… gotta hand it to H&M. Their collaboration with David Beckham really seems to work. This year there’s lots of monochrome/muted colors, and some surprising (in a good way?) fabrics for the price. And it appears, perhaps, they aren’t burnishing the hell out of the toes on their suede chelseas this year? If so, that’s a big step in the right direction compared to last time around. For that flannel blazer… it sure appears that the back is totally unlined? Nice.
Gustin does it again. You’ll have to wait until Nov/Dec due to their sales model, but a Made in the USA, 12 oz, washed duck canvas field jacket for just under $120 is impressive. More on Gustin and how they work can be found over here.
The Pick: Unlined Lambskin Driving Gloves – $64 ($89)
A bit of a treat since they won’t do you much good in bitter cold temps, but rarely do these go on sale. Unlined, no insulation, but just enough coverage to block cold winds and plenty of grip. Develops an awesome patina over time with use. UPDATE: Apologies guys, it’s FALL25, not FALL16. Thanks to Jerry on FB for the correction.
- Ludlow Blazer in Green or Navy Corduroy – $138.60 ($198)
- Textured Shawl Collar Cardigan – $68.60 ($98)
- Sussex Jacket in Moss, Navy, or Charcoal – $138.60 ($198)
Not as good as yesterday’s sale, where a good chunk (but of course, not all or close to all) of their site was on sale. Yet still worth a mention in case you missed it. Why? Those corduroy blazers. Totally unlined back. Soft construction. Easy to dress up or way down. One of the better fall items J. Crew makes.