Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- 1969 Straight or Slim Fit Cords – $38.97 ($64.95)
- SLIM (really?) Fit Merino Wool Sweater – $35.97 ($59.95)
- Two-Tone Wool Blend Baseball Cap – $14.97 ($24.95)
- Lightweight Poplin Fatigue Jacket – $47.97 ($79.95)
Restrictions apply, of course, but GAP has some promising new arrivals in from their fall collection. Interesting that they’re calling those merino sweaters “slim.” Haven’t seen em’ in person, and it’s gonna take a lot to get some of us who are hooked on UNIQLO’s merino wool to break away, but if they’re a true slim? Good on GAP for giving it a run. Code expires today, 9/15/16.
- UNLINED Moon Mills Tailored Fit Hacking Jacket – $237 ($395)
- 100% Cashmere Breton Stripe Crewneck – $119.40 ($199)
- Straight Fit Flannel 5-Pocket Pants in Grey or Navy – $47.40 ($79)
- Tailored Fit Navy Plaid Sportcoat – $149.40 ($249)
- Tailored Fit Plain Front Glen Plaid Year’rounder Wool Trousers – $53.40 ($89)
Those. Flannel. 5-Pockets…. VERY interested in those. Sure, there’s lots of splurge stuff in the picks above, but Lands’ End doesn’t do 40% off very often (and thus, they’ve got it restricted to just one regularly priced item). So if you’ve had your eye on something pricey, now might be the time to jump. And speaking of pricey, $120 for a sweater is no small asking price. But the cashmere is soft, smooth, and the knit is nice and tight. Feels like the kind of sweater you’re going to have for a verrrry long time. Timeless stripes too.
- Astorflex Chukka – $116 ($145) or Chelsea – $143.98 ($179.98)
- Flint & Tinder Made in the USA Jeans – $78.40 ($98)
- Armogan Spirit of St. Louis Chronograph Watch – $180 ($225)
Thanks to the folks at Huckberry for that awfully kind code. If you’re unfamiliar with Huckberry (you have to be a new customer to use the discount…) they’re a curator of goods that often walk the line between highly functional outdoor gear, and really great looking heritage menswear/workwear. They’re also one of the very few places, stateside, that carry Astorflex. Those are the Italian made suede chukkas and chelseas that you might have seen on this site before. Full review of the chukkas can be found here.
- Slim Dark Rinse Japanese Traveler Jean – $88.50 ($118)
- Slim Camel Wool Sport Coat – $187.50 ($250)
- Slim or Straight Dark Wash Kaihara Selvedge Jeans – $112.50 ($150)
Is it as good as the 30% off $100+ / 40% off $200+ BRCARD code that’s running right now? Obviously not. But for those who aren’t going to open up a friggin’ credit card to get a discount (sound choice…) then at least this is a bone thrown their way. And it appears to work on everything but 3rd party merchandise. So while it’s not huge, it’s still something. Both FALL25 and BRCARD expire today, 9/15.
- Barbour International Duke Waxed Jacket (multiple colors) – $249 ($399 in US)
- Barbour Chelsea Sportsquilt (multiple colors) – $149 ($229 in the US)
- Barbour Bedale Waxed Jacket (multiple colors) – $285 ($380 in the US)
- Barbour Beacon Sports Jacket (the one 007 wore in Skyfall) – $479
Stick with me here. This needs some ‘splainin’. END used to be the place to get the Timex Red Wing watches for shockingly cheap. Why? Probably because END is based in the UK, and the pound (thanks to Brexit) is not doing so hot right now against the dollar. Well it appears that they’ve “fixed” the Timex Red Wing pricing issue, and now it matches the U.S. pricing. But that’s not the case with plenty of other goods. Take Barbour for example. The popular, Chelsea Sportsquilt usually goes for $200+ here in the states. At END? It’s $149. And now, they’re even offering FREE international shipping via Fed Ex. So that’s a ton of savings. Worth a look for sure, but do know you’re on the hook for international returns.
BONUS J. Crew: Lots of New Fall Arrivals | 30% off Sale w/ SHOPNOW
- Lambswool Shawl Collar Cardgian – $148
- Wool/Cashmere Peak Lapel Topcoat in Light Grey – $450
- English Wool Ludlow Blazer – $348
- Dock Peacoat – $298.00
- Cotton Mariner Crewneck Sweater – $98.00
- SLIM Lambswool V-Neck Sweater – $69.50
No sale on those new arrivals yet, but certainly worth a look. And fingers crossed that at least some of them come up for a code (maybe a tiered, higher threshold option?) in the near future. Meanwhile, there’s even more summer suiting in the sale section, if shopping off season for savings is your thing.