Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
JCF New Fall Arrivals + Extra 35% off Gilt City Voucher
- Contrast Ribbed Lambswool Shawl Cardigan – $44.55 ($58.50)
- Thompson Blazer in Donnegal Wool – $103.67 ($136.50)
- Merino Cardigan – $32.17 ($47.50)
- SLIM or Reg. Merino V-Neck – $29.25 ($38.50)
- Thompson Blazer in Blue Tweed – $103.67 ($159.50)
You guys know how this works. You need a Gilt account, but the voucher is free. You just click a button, then wait. Within 24 hours (usually 20 min – 2 hrs) you’ll get an email with a user specific code inside. No, it doesn’t work on suiting, but it seems to work on just about everything else. Prices in red, above, reflect usage of the Gilt City voucher. And they ain’t half bad. Know that you’ve got to use the voucher by 9/18.
Brooks Brothers: 15% off / 25% off for Cardmembers
- Fitzgerald Fit Plaid Wool/Silk Sportcoat – $296.31 ($498)
- Made in Italy Grey Suede Lace-Ups – $169.15 ($398)
- Red Fleece Wool Mock-Neck – $65.28 ($128)
- Fitzgerald Fit Washed Lambswool Blue or Olive Sportcoat – $226.56 ($458)
- Merino Wool Knit Peak Lapel Blazer – $169.15 ($498)
- Made in the USA Regent Fit “Own Make” Steel Blue Suit – $551.65 ($1298)
- Supima Cotton Stripe Shawl Collar Sweater – $71.40 ($168)
Not the biggest discount, BUT… Brooks Brothers doesn’t run sales all that often. So now’s not a bad time to hit the clearance section, and see what might be lurking in there. And this time around? There’s a surprisingly large amount of tempting stuff, in a strangely large size range, sitting and waiting in that sale section. Even fall appropriate stuff. Like these Fitzgerald fit, soft construction, washed lambswool sportcoats. Not bad if you’re looking to make a jump up in terms of quality from J. Crew Factory.
UNIQLO: Tactlenecks and Topcoats!
Not on sale. Yet. But, well. Has to be mentioned. A combo that for those with a bit more style chutzpah, could totally be pulled off together. Just… skip the chain. (Also know that the topcoats, while cut nice and with a good drape, aren’t the warmest things. Usually. Unless UNIQLO drastically changed the design this year. Stand by for an in person.)
J. Crew: 30% off Sale | 25% off Small Selection w/ SHOPSALE
- Ludlow Blazer in French Linen – $181.99 ($348)
- Sussex Quilted Jacket (multiple colors) – $148.50 ($198)
- SLIM Merino Wool V-Neck Sweater – $58.50 ($78)
- Lambswool Colorblock Crew – $48.65 ($79.50)
Not the most amazing, but, that’s not unexpected the week after a long weekend and the unofficial start to a new season. Sale section is still pretty stacked with summer suiting.
Lands’ End: $50 off $150, or $100 off $250 w/ TERRIFIC & 7029
The Combo: Tailored Fit Navy Plaid Sportcoat ($249) + Sale Hat ($9.97) = $158.97 ($258.97)
Why the hat? To tip the balance. Otherwise, that blazer is gonna cost you $199. Or, pick something else cheap from the sale section. All wool exterior. And this year, it looks like they’ve made the switch to rayon when it comes to lining the body of their sportcoats (at least for this one). That’s a plus, since rayon at least breathes a little bit better compared to poly. Often on sale. Code and pin is also good for $25 off $100, but, you’re better off waiting for one of their oft-run 30% off deals.
Also worth a mention:
- Spier & Mackay: They’ve got a few new suits just in for fall.
- Jack Spade: 25% off everything w/ ONPURPOSE
- Banana Republic: Extra 40% off sale items at checkout, no code needed.
- Nordstrom: Their summer clearance is still going on. Picks here.