Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Modern Windowpane Check Newton Sport Coat – $102.74
- Summer Delave Linen Windowpane Newton Sport Coat – $102.74
- Italian Gloves in Nubuck, Suede, or Quilted Leather – $20 – $25
- Suede Double Monk Straps – $30ish
- Waxed Suede Lace Up Boot – $25.84
Wait, what? Something odd is going on here. Did an in-person review of these two in-house brands from Amazon back in March. The launch was kind of a big deal, being that Amazon was dipping their toes into the “we’re gonna make style stuff too” game. But then? Poof. Gone. Well, they’re back now. Maybe. Prices and stock are ALL over the place. So maybe they’re just trying to blow out the end to the long tail of the supply chain? Who knows. But… Italian made gloves for $20 – $25? Interesting. Thanks to Zachary for the tip. A note on the prices above: Pretty sure Amazon’s pricing algorithms are strug-a-ling with these brands. Those are the most common prices (depending on size) for those picks. sometimes they can jump. Heavily. Depending on the size. Again… strange.
- Light Grey Slim or Contemporary Fit (shown above) Suit – $185ish FINAL
- Blue/Grey Solid Contemporary Fit – $218ish
- Blue Texture Contemporary Fit – $218ish
- Blue Shadow Check Wool Trousers in Slim or Contemporary Fit – $50ish
- Grey Check Wool Trousers in Slim or Contemporary Fit – $50ish
Sure, sizes are a bit scattered depending on what you’re going after, but $185, even if it is final sale, is a hell of a deal for a half-canvas wool suit. Full review here. Prices above are shown in USD. Also, great news for those who haven’t tried Spier & Mackay and are here in the U.S. … Looks like your first suit or sportcoat purchase has free returns attached to it. And that helps. Big time. But, as always, if it’s final sale? It’s final sale. No returns on that stuff, even with the new returns policy for US customers.
- Tailored Fit Navy Glen Plaid 100% Wool Blazer – $174.30 ($249)
- Wool Blend Shawl Collar Cardigan – $83.30 ($119)
- Tailored Fit Plain Front Pinstripe Year’rounder Trousers – $62.30 ($89)
- Cotton Drifter Birdseye Crew Sweater – $41.30 ($59)
But that code and pin will only work on one item. Not multiple items. Just one. YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE. More than a few new fall arrivals to take a look at too. Code and pin expire today, 8/18/16.
- Crosby Fit Legacy Blazer (bunch of sizes are back?) – $174.99 ($388)
- Italian Cotton Ludlow Sportcoat in “Loden” – $139.99 ($228)
- Ludlow Blazer in Microcheck Cotton – $139.99 ($228)
- Goodyear welted Kenton Suede Loafers – $118.99 ($198)
- Goodyear welted Kenton Suede Tassel Loafers – $69.99 ($198)
Lots of new fall stuff on the J. Crew website. Will dive in to those a bit deeper later on (the big, annual roundup of best new men’s style fall arrivals is coming, sit tight). But for now… who put a quarter in the sale section? Bunch of new stuff that they must have uncovered in a warehouse or something.
- Made in Italy Wool Rustin Jacket – $263.20 ($595)
- Made in Italy Double Monk Straps – $223.20 ($395)
- K-Swiss Arlington in Grey/Navy or Slate – $63.20 ($125)
- Made in the USA Quail Jacket – $215.60 FINAL ($595)
Careful now. There are a few final sale items scattered about the sale section. So no returns on that stuff, but it does appear you can return the stuff that isn’t marked final sale. That Rustin jacket in stone grey would make a terrific end of summer, lightweight wool sportcoat that you can wear in the heat (notice the minimal butterfly lining) and partner up with dark denim when it cools off. Made in Italy too. Meanwhile, those K-Swiss sneakers are now at a price that’s gonna be real tough to resist (but some of us need another pair of shoes like we need another hole in our heads).