Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Wyatt Italian Leather Single Monk in Burgundy or Chestnut – $59.00 ($98)
- Silk/Linen V-Neck Sweater – $34.50 ($69.50)
- Webbed Belt – $35.50 ($59.50)
- Italian Leather Belt – $35.50 ($59.50)
- Liam Wingtip – $89.00 ($148)
- Danny Suede Double Monks – $77.00 ($128)
There seems to be a little weirdness afoot with BR as of late. It feels like they’ve ratcheted back on the site wide codes (with exceptions of course) and instead have been doing these batches of select items instead? The good news is that while they say “up to 40% off”, sometimes there’s desirable goods that get a much, much, greater cut. Still can’t believe the Wyatt single monk is that cheap. Crazy. UPDATE: And it gets better if you’re a cardholder. Use BRCARD for an extra 15% off. Thanks to Mike B. for the tip!
The heck is a “Livorno” cut? Says it’s exclusively available in Europe. But doesn’t give any real detail as far as what it fits like when comparing to their state-side fits? $199 is a lot to risk since it’s final sale. But it does appear that these things got dumped into the outlet after the main rush was over. The rest of the outlet is pretty picked over at this point, but might be worth taking another spin through just one last time. Remember, you’ll need the code FIRSTACCESS.
- Textured 70% Cotton / 30% Merino Crew Sweater – $59.40 ($99)
- Texture Mesh Peak Lapel Blazer – $173.40 ($289)
- Cotton Cable Shawl Cardigan – $89.40 ($149)
The attempt by Lands’ End to create a feeling of exclusivity around their “Canvas” line has… not gone so hot. Sure, they excluded stuff from sales/discounts for a while… and codes still don’t work on Canvas goods, but most of the line is on sale right now. And marked way down. And now, if you’ve got your eye on something that happens to be full price? You can get it for 40% off with a Gilt City voucher. Hat tip to Jimi for the intel.
- Suede Cafe Racer Jacket – $279.00
- Cotton Nautical Stripe Crew Sweater – $41.50
- Heathered Shawl Collar Cardigan – $49.50
- Slim Washed Button Down in Blue/Cream Plaid – $29.95
Not a big time sale or anything, but still worth a mention. And no sign of their seasonal sportcoats. As of yet. But a large batch of new arrivals just hit the JCF site. And they’re leaning towards fall for sure. A suede jacket? Interesting.
The preview for card-holders is just about over, with the sale going live to the general public, tomorrow, Friday 7/22. Allen Edmonds. Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots. Shirts by Nordstrom’s excellent house brand. Sportcoats from Todd Snyder. And basics like shoe trees and wool socks, all marked down in advance of the coming fall season. And remember, since it’s Nordstrom, everything ships and returns for free. Check back in tomorrow, early, for a full rundown of the best of the best on the men’s side.
Also worth a mention:
- Rue La La: They’re running another Brooks Brothers event.
- Ledbury: Their Summer sale event is on. Stuff is still expensive, but there’s a bunch of mark downs.
- J. Crew: 40% off Sale Items w/ SUMMER. They also have a bunch of new arrivals that just came in, including their new “legacy” blazers, which now appear to be
made in the USAusing American sourced wool? (There seems to be some inconsistency in whether the origin is described as Made in the USA or “imported” for not just the wool, but the jacket itself.) Wonder how those will feel in comparison to the old Super 130s wool. Big thanks to Jim K. for the tip!
- GAP: 40% off w/ PREFALL.
- Club Monaco: Extra 40% off Sale & Clearance w/ KEEPCOOL.
- Huckberry: Extra 20% off for first time customers w/ DAPPERED20.