Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend or a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below, plus bonus sales if need be. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Allen Edmonds: Factory 2nds go Online (no phone calls!)
- Brooks Brothers Warwick Single Monk in Walnut – $149 ($299)
- Mcallister w/ Combination Tap Sole in Merlot – $199 ($299)
- Mora 2.0 in Brown Burnished – $199 ($299)
- Cornwallis in Walnut – $199 ($299)
- Mcallister in Walnut – $199 ($299)
- Fifth Ave. in Brown Burnished – $199 ($299)
Not the first time they’ve done this, and hopefully not the last. Instead of picking up the phone and ordering the old fashioned way, the main Allen Edmonds site is hosting a Factory Seconds sale, complete with the ease of e-commerce. Prices seem quite nice too, with most popular models clocking in just under $200. Plenty of colors to pick from too, not just limited to the picks shown above. Do know that you’ll get hit with a $10 re-stocking fee on any 2nds returns.
- Made in the USA PF Flyers in Navy or Black – $95.20 ($150)
- Laco Automatic Officer’s Watch – $356 ($495)
- SeaVees “Legend” Sneakers in White or Navy – $52 ($78)
- Made in the USA Gladstone Satchel – $108 ($175)
Guideboat is one of those companies/catalogs that leans heavily towards the older (not old, older for our demo) crowd, focuses on Made in the USA and/or heritage made goods, and does a really nice job with their photography. Also, some of their stuff is pricey. BUT… pick and choose in the sale section? With an extra 20% off? And there’s some super tempting stuff in there. Stand by for an in-person review on those Made in the USA PF Flyers. That Laco watch may be made in Germany, but pretty sure that the movement is (a dependable, well tested) Japanese. Shipping is a flat, $7.50 outbound, and returns are another $7.50 via pre-paid label.
- Barbour International Ariel Quilt – $129 ($205)
- Clarks Originals Premium Leather Desert Boot – $115 ($159)
- Red Wing 9016 Beckman in Cigar Featherstone – $245 ($379)
- Barbour Flyweight Chelsea Quilt – $95 ($145)
This is the place you can get Red Wing Timex’s even if they’re sold out at Todd Snyder. This is also the place that ships from the UK. And you’re on the hook for international returns. So? Probably best to consider all of this stuff to be pretty much final sale. And heads up on the shoes: they’re listed in UK sizes even on the US Site.
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Italian Linen – $143.99 FINAL ($298)
- 10.5″ Club Short in Irish Linen – $35.99 FINAL ($75)
- 9″ Stanton Short in Irish Linen – $23.99 FINAL ($75)
- Ludlow Sportcoat in Italian Cotton – $83.99 FINAL ($228)
Good news: They just injected their sale section with a bunch of new stuff. Bad news: Looks like the whole kit and kaboodle (yes! even the KABOODLE) is final sale? Perhaps? Just be careful. And note that the sportcoat in the picks above is not the same sportcoat shown at the top of the post (that’d be this one… which is great, and sadly sold out).
- Linen Cotton Blazer – $59.90 ($79.90)
- Linen Blend Striped Cardigan – $29.90 ($39.90)
- Washed Crew Long Sleeve Tee – $19.99
- Extra Fine Merino V – $39.99
So UNIQLO sent out an email this morning with the subject line of: “Our BIGGEST Sale of the Season + FREE Shipping on Everything.” Okay, but the thing is… that doesn’t appear to be the case. On either front. The sale section actually kinda stinks right now (with the exception of a couple of new things, as shown, by the picks above) and free shipping doesn’t kick in until $99. You, UNIQLO, get the sad trombone. At least their new arrivals for fall are rolling in quick. Not that many of us need an extra fine merino sweater at the present, but still, good to see em’ there.
Also worth a mention:
- J. Crew Factory: Extra 50% off Clearance w/ CLEARIT. Picks here.
- J. Crew: 30% off Select Suits w/ DAPPERED (in case you missed it)
- TheTieBar: They’re running a select items flash sale. All sales are final though.
- JC Penney: $10 off $25 w/ SHOP32 | 20% off (25% off $100+) w/ NOWSAVE2
- Brooks Brothers: Their Summer clearance is going on.
- Banana Republic: Extra 50% off Sale Items (discount applied at checkout).